University Forum Meeting
November 9, 2006
Attendance: Adams, Kim; Aiken, Julie; Amissah-Arthur, Abigail; Anand, Padma; Atchinson, Alana; Brosnan-Watters, Gayle; Cooper, Bill; Conlon, Michael; Cooklin, Katherine; Cortijo, Adelaida; Creasy, Kim; Fleeger, Tammie; Forbes, Wayne M.; Galbraith, Diane; Iksic, Rose; Johnson, Patsy Ann; Jones, Diana; Marchand, Richard; Matambanadzo, Michael; Matambanadzo, Nyarayi; McCaskey, Scott; Michaels, Meg; Papay, Alyssa; Quinn, Katrina; Silva, Judy; Smiley, Laura; Streitman, Angel; Sturzebeener, Barbara; Teodoro, Melissa; Weary, Kimberly; William, Williamson; Zeiger, Bill; Zillifro, Traci.
1. Meeting was called to order at 12.30pm.
2. Introduction of members present during the meeting.
3. Minutes from the last meeting were approved.
4. Committee Reports:
(a) Academic environment: Padma Anand reported that the pilot study on class size was still been analyzed. She also mentioned that another survey was being conducted asking for inputs from students about the advantages and disadvantages of small and large classes.
(b) Recommendations committee: The committee mentioned the bike riders’ survey issue and encouraged all forum members to complete a survey related to the issue on the forum website.
5. Old business:
(a). Class offerings: Richard Marchand and Diane Galbraith were asked to work with Amanda Yale on her idea as reported on the last minutes of the forum.
6. New business:
a. speed bump: Members observed the absence of speed bumps on Keister road in front of the police station. Suggestions were made to put crosswalk or speed bump on this section of the road.
Gayle Brosnan-Watters of the recommendations committee was asked to follow up on the issue.
7. Other business: Junko Yamamoto was commended on her effort designing the forum website.
8. The meeting was adjourned at 12.55pm.
9. Next meeting is to be held on December 7th.
10. Mark your calendar, the forum meeting for the spring semester will be on January 25th, February 22, March 29th and May 3rd.
Respectfully submitted by Abigail Amissah-Arthur, University Forum Secretary