December 6, 2007
Attendance: Junko Yamamoto, Jeff Taylor, Patsy Ann Johnson, Gayle Brosnan-Watters, Trudy bayer, Natalie LaBate, Laura Smiley, Geraldine Jenny, Rita Abent, Melissa teodoro, David Nugent, Jialing Wang, Diane Galbraith, Lalanda Stromp, Kim Smith, Traci Zillifro, Diana Jones, Annette Salsovic, Itzi Meztlli
I. Call to Order
II. Approval or Corrections of May 2007 Minutes
III. Special Business – Jace Condravy brought from our contract that graduate assistants shall not be allowed to instruct lectures or laboratories unless the faculty member assigned to the course is present in the room.
IV. Committee Reports
a. Committee on academic environment— no report
b. Committee on nominations and elections – no report
c. Recommendations committee:
i. Bike Trails and Bike Racks Project—Melissa Teodoro – no new report
ii. Keister Road Crosswalk—Gayle Brosnan-Watters – The crosswalk is supposed to be painted but it is not painted yet.
iii. International Trips and Scheduling—no report
i. Jeff Taylor will put together a mailing list for before the January Meeting
e. Web page—no report.
V. Old Business
VI. New Business
1. SRU North Hills Campus are slated for removal.
2. Campus parking investigation continues
3. Itzi Meztli will talk to Rob at AVI regarding set-up for our meetings
4. Gayle Brosnan-Watters raised concerns that a given department may be able to offer a ‘specialization’ in a major housed by another department without the approval of that other department. Will investigate and report.
5. The concept of online course evaluations (as used at GCC) was discussed, and it was thought this should be brought to the appropriate APSCUF committee
6. Trudy Bayer, Jeff Taylor and Melissa Teodoro agreed to investigate the impact of class size on student success.
VII. Next Meeting
Thursday, 24 January 2008, PA Room at 12:30
VIII. Adjournment (Gayle, Diana)