In conjunction with PASSHE, Slippery Rock University and California University are happy to sponsor the Fall Academic Chairpersons Conference on August 19 & 20, 2013. The conference is designed to appeal to both new and seasoned chairs and includes topics such as:
- The CBA and its implications for department chairs
- Panel discussions with chairs on best practices
- Dealing with difficult students
- Dealing with difficult colleagues
- New program development
- Developing innovative classrooms
Dates: Monday, August 19 and Tuesday, August 20, 2013
Time: Check-in begins at 8:30 am on August 19. The conference concludes at 1:00 pm on August 20.
Location: Regional Learning Alliance: 850 Cranberry Woods Drive, Cranberry Township, PA 16066
Cost: $75 per participant covers conference meals and materials. Hotel and travel will be paid by the home institution.
Accommodations: A block of rooms has been reserved at the Courtyard Marriott, 150 Cranberry Woods Drive · Cranberry Township, Pennsylvania 16066. Other hotels at various price points are available in the area.
Program content was developed by:
- Dr. Randy Nichols, Chair, Department of Physical and Health Education, Slippery Rock Univeristy
- Dr.Tom Wickham, Chair, Department of Earth Sciences, California University
- Professor Cheryl Hochberg, Chair, Department of Fine Arts, Kutztown University
Questions? Contact Mary Hennessey, Assistant to the Provost, Slippery Rock University, at 724-738-2171 or email@example.com