Slippery Rock University's curriculum approval body is known as the University Curriculum Committee (UCC). UCC provides a mechanism for the systematic review, evaluation, and change of the curriculum at the University level, in compliance with the collective bargaining agreement between the University/ Commonwealth and the Faculty/APSCUF.
UCC acts on curriculum matters involving:
- Changes in title, numbering, course content, and prerequisites for a course.
- The designation of a sequence or group of courses as a minor or a program within the existing department(s) - whether by advisement or requirement.
- The addition or deletion of a course in the offerings of a department.
- The adoption of any policy regarding the acceptability or requirement of courses outside of a department for the completion of a program within a department.
- Changes in requirements of a minor, a major, a degree, or a certification.
- Development of new programs and/or degrees.
- Curricular issues of a general nature.
Provided below are documents to assist faculty members wilth curricular actions. For further assistance, please contact one of the co-chairs of the UCC - Dr. Christophas Walker 724/738-2615 or Ms. Rebecca Morrice 724/738-2333, or the Office of the Provost 724-738-2001.
Paper copies of each college's curricular requests should be sent to the attention of Robert Imbrogno, Graduate Assistant, c/o Provost's Office, 308 Old Main. Electronic copies should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2014-15 UCC Meeting Schedule
Liberal Studies and UCC Meeting Dates 2014-15
PASSHE Guidelines/Procedure for New Academic Programs
Curricular Request Forms