Visit the Rock
Visiting campus is the best way to determine if a college or university is the right fit for you. We've created a variety of options for you to visit Slippery Rock. Choose the option that best fits your schedule.
- Weekday Daily Visit: First-year students can attend a weekday visit where an SRU admission counselor will provide a group presentation which will be followed by a walking tour of campus led by a current SRU student. Plan to be with us for about 2.5 hours.
- SRU Showcase (Open House) This is the most comprehensive visit program during which you'll see campus, talk with current students, meet faculty, and learn about the admissions process. We offer three Showcase dates in the fall, all on Saturdays (geared towards seniors in high school), one program in the spring and two programs in the summer (June and August), all geared towards juniors in high school.
- Select Saturday Visits: If you are not able to visit during the week or attend one of the Showcase programs, we do offer a group presentation and walking tour of campus for first-year students only. We offer a 10:00 group presentation followed by a walking tour of campus. Plan to be with us for about 2.5 hours.
- Transfer Visits: If you are a transfer student please schedule a meeting with one of our transfer counselors. Transfer student appointments usually take less than 1 hour.
- Bus Visit Program: This visit is for high school or community organizers interested in planning a visit for a group of up to 45 students. We ask that visiting groups coordinate and cover the expense of transportation to and from SRU.
Can't make it to campus? That's OK! You can tour SRU's campus right from your living room.
If you would like to request a special accommodation for your tour, for example the use of a wheelchair, please let us know prior to your visit so that we may prepare. Please understand, our student tour guides are not able to push a wheelchair. If help is needed while on the tour, we recommend that a family member or friend be available for assistance.