Thank you for your interest in Slippery Rock University! Before you begin the application process, please note the following:
- If you do not hold US citizenship or permanent residency, you will be applying through International Admissions.
- If you previously attended SRU as a degree-seeking student, you will be requesting readmission.
In order to complete the transfer application process, students must submit the following items:
- Completed application
- $30 non-refundable application fee (payable online via TouchNet)
- Official college transcripts from each institution attended
- Final high school transcript (only if you will have attempted less than 30 credits by the time you begin at SRU)
If you are asked to submit your midterm grades, please use our Midterm Grade Request form. If your institution issues a midterm grade report, you can submit that information to us in lieu of this form.
Official transcripts should be sent directly from each institution to our office (Undergraduate Admissions) either electronically or via mail. Mailed transcripts should be sent to the following address:
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
1 Morrow Way
Slippery Rock, PA 16057
- Apply by the end of February if you are transferring in summer or fall.
- Apply by the end of September if you are transferring in spring.
Please be advised that we are on a rolling admission basis and continue to review new applications after these recommended timelines. However, you should aim to complete the process as soon as possible.
IMPORTANT NOTE: It is critical that SRU be listed as a recipient on your most recent FAFSA in order for us to provide a preliminary financial aid package. Our federal school code is 003327.
Transfer Admissions Requirements
Students planning to transfer to SRU must have a minimum of a 2.0 cumulative GPA, 12 attempted college credits from all institutions attended, and must be in good academic standing. If you have attempted less than 12 credits, we may also consider high school performance in determining admission. Some academic majors have specific GPA requirements that are separate from admissions requirements:
- 3.0 GPA required for Exercise Science majors
- 2.8 GPA required for Education majors
- 2.75 GPA required for Safety Management majors
- 2.5 GPA required for Sport Management majors