This policy applies to University and student employees identified as having a high risk of occupational exposure to bloodborne pathogens and other potentially infectious materials.
To make available the Hepatitis B Vaccination for University and student employees who have the potential for occupational exposure. The following are identified as high-risk areas:
1. McLachlan Student Health Center
2. Physical Therapy Department
3. Athletic Training Office
4. University Police
5. Morrow Field House Laundry
6. Custodial Staff
7. Plumbing Staff
8. Residence Life Maintenance Staff
Those employees at risk are identified by their department policy.
1. The Hepatitis B Vaccine shall be made available to those who have the potential for exposure after receiving appropriate training.
2. Identified employees accepting/declining the vaccination must sign a consent/declination statement.
3. The University will provide the vaccination at no cost to employees identified as having potential for occupational exposure.
4. All medical and training records will be maintained.