Are you planning a large mailing? Contact us at the beginning of your project to see how we can help you with the headache and SAVE MONEY!
There are so many details that need attention in a large mailing. Take advantage of our experience and call us! We can help you at the front end so your mail piece meets postal regulations. Our mail center can automate your mail so that you are assured of the best postage rates possible. We will print the addresses, Zip+4, and the barcode. Your mail will be sorted for maximum savings, placed in trays and delivered to the post office.
We can also address your campus mailings!
Contact: Mark McGarvey (724) 738-4467 or Sharon Isacco (724) 738-2202
Since postage is usually the single largest expense in a direct mail program, this U.S. Postal Service approved presorting method qualifies your mailings for postal discounts--just another way to help you save money.
Standard mail is a term used when referring to large mailings of identical material. Most commonly, these mailings are classified as Standard A mail (formerly 3rd class or bulk mail) by the USPS, but can be first class and campus material as well.
Standard mailings are effective means to reach a large audience at an affordable rate. The postage costs are discounted because the sender (SRU Printing Services and you) absorbs the labor involved with preparing the mail for entry with the USPS.
Our process cleanses most deliverable addresses in the U.S. to provide instant address verification, and thereby helps reduce the high costs associated with undeliverable mail. It also captures anyone who has filed a forwarding address.
We sort your database with specialty software. This software knows the postal regulations and decides if an address is acceptable by the USPS. It sorts the addresses, prints the name, address, and bar code on the piece and tells us which tray to put them in! All this for the best possible postage! If you are interested in this please call and the staff will be happy to help you with what you need to do.
Design is critical! The shape, fold, paper, ink, graphics, text, and content of a mail piece all play a role in what the postage cost will be and whether the piece is compatible for mailing. Design can be as simple as a single sheet, one fold self-mailer, or as complex as a multiple page saddle stitched booklet. Whatever the extent of your project consider using an experienced designer (at least contact us so we can guide you) to help with the process.
Some basics about standard mail:
- A minimum of 200 pieces or 50 lbs. is required (500 pieces for 1stclass).
- The mailing pieces must be identical printed or duplicated material (no personalized pieces).
- The pieces must be of identical size, weight and content.
- Pieces must be inserted into the envelope if you are using envelopes. The mailroom can seal your envelopes for you if you place the flaps one on top of another. Call if you have questions.
- Always use a SRU return address and include “Slippery Rock University” in the body of the address.
- Use pre-printed mailing indicia in the stamp area of your mailing piece. (we may be able to print the indicia for you)
- For best results, mailing list data files are preferred in text file, excel file or DBF (data base file) format.
- If you have your data in another format please contact us to see if we can convert it.
- Schedule your project at least two weeks in advance.
Depending on the size of your job, turnaround is 24 to 72 hours.