The Office of Campus Recreation offers leadership opportunities through student employment and academic practicums and internships to over 125 students each semester. The hiring of student employees is based upon vacancies available in each area of employment: Aquatic Center, Climbing Wall, Fitness Center, Group Fitness, Intramural Sports and the Welcome Center.
Campus Recreation posts "We're Hiring!" signage in the ARC for available employment opportunities - usually in October for spring positions, and again in March for summer and/or fall positions. First Aid and CPR certifications are required for all employeees.
Students interested in working with Campus Recreation may contact the coordinator in the respective area for additional information.
- Aquatic Center Lifeguards: Jim Yeamans, Assistant Director of Aquatics/Safety Certifications, 724.738.4516, email@example.com
- Climbing Wall Belayers: Andy Loue, Assistant Director of Facility Operations/Outdoor Adventures, 724.738.2883, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fitness Center Exercise Specialists: Ryan Stack, Assistant Director of Wellness/RWFC, 724.738.2924, email@example.com
- Group Fitness Instructors: Ryan Stack, Assistant Director of Wellness/RWFC, 724.738.2924, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Intramural Sports Supervisors & Officials: Matt Lobaugh, Assistant Director of Recreational Sports, 724.738.4875, email@example.com
- Welcome Center Facility Supervisors & Monitors: Andy Loue, Assistant Director of Facility Operations/Outdoor Adventures, 724.738.2883, firstname.lastname@example.org
Slippery Rock University requires Pennsylvania clearances for all student employment.