SRU awards banking services contract to PNC Bank
Feb. 2, 2016
SLIPPERY ROCK, Pa. - PNC Bank, N.A., a member of The PNC Financial Services Group Inc. will continue to provide banking services to Slippery Rock University students and employees as a result of a new five-year agreement.
Under this new agreement, PNC will provide student and workplace banking, as well as financial literacy education to the University's students, faculty and staff members through convenient on-campus services.
Highlights of the agreement include:
• Staffing a PNC branch, located in the Smith Student Center, with two bank specialists to assist customers with completing transactions and equipped with technology to inform and to educate customers on PNC products and services.
• PNC will maintain four ATMs on the SRU campus: two in the Smith Student Center, one in Weisenfluh Dining Hall and one in the University Union. Both of the ATMs in the Smith Student Center feature DepositEasySM, which allows students, faculty and staff to withdraw cash, including $1 bills, cash checks and deposit checks or cash directly into their account. The machines at Weisenfluh and the University Union are for withdrawals only.
• Providing Virtual Wallet(r) Student accounts for SRU students. The account is equipped with technology to help students monitor spending and view account balances. It also is equipped to help safeguard customers from financial mistakes and unnecessary fees.
• Maintaining a co-branded website, hosted by PNC, where students can complete account applications, manage their finances and find financial and educational information.
• Offering on-site workshops on personal financial management and financial literacy. Topics will include basic banking, credit management, savings and investing, identity protection and home buying.
"Our partnership with PNC has gone incredibly well over the past five years and we look forward to our continued relationship," said Amir Mohammadi, SRU's vice president of finance, administrative affairs and advancement services. "The University is very pleased with the services and opportunities afforded our students, faculty and staff by PNC."
PNC Bank was selected by the University through a request for proposal process.
PNC has relationships with more than 400 schools across 19 states and the District of Columbia.
To learn more about PNC's branch in the Smith Student Center, visit: https://www.pnc.com/en/personal-banking/banking/student-banking/slippery-rock-university.html
MEDIA CONTACT: Robb King | 724.738.2199 | firstname.lastname@example.org