The Rocket captures six PA Press Association Awards
SLIPPERY ROCK, Pa. - The Rocket, the independent, student-run newspaper at Slippery Rock University, has captured six Student Keystone Press Awards.
The Student Keystone Press Awards, sponsored by the Pennsylvania News Media Association, recognize high school and college journalism that provides "relevance, integrity and initiative in serving readers."
Any student at any public, private or parochial Pennsylvania high school, college or university who has had his or her material published in a school newspaper may enter the contest.
The Rocket, recognized for its entries in the PNMA's Division II that is for colleges and universities with enrollment less than 10,000 students, captured more honors than any other school in Pennsylvania's State System of Higher Education.
Awards were present to The Rocket in the following categories:
- Personality profile: Honorable mention, Amber Cannon for "SRU alumnus uses journey to educate other trans people;"
- Feature photo: First place, Kendall Scott for "SRU calls second true cancellation in three years;"
- Sports photo: Second place, Rebecca Dietrich for "Rock football fights through adversity to finish season 7-4;"
- Photo story: Second place, Rebecca Dietrich and Kendall Scott for "Second Day of Strike Photo Slideshow;"
- Layout and design: First place, Kendall Scott for "Election Issue;" and
- Website: Second place for www.theonlinerocket.com
MEDIA CONTACT: Robb King | 724.738.2199 | email@example.com