SRU named one of state’s best online colleges

July 11, 2016

SLIPPERY ROCK, Pa. - Slippery Rock University has been named as one of Pennsylvania's best online colleges by bestcolleges.com, earning a No. 7 ranking among the top 25.

Best Online Colleges in PA logo

Best Colleges ranked schools based on academic quality, affordability and student experience. A school's admission and graduation rates account for 60 percent of the academic quality factor, while the remaining 40 percent is covered by retention and enrollment rates. The affordability and student experience categories are comprised of the average net price for low-income students, loan default rate and student-to-faculty ratio.

"As distance learning enrollments continue to rise, quality programs such as SRU's give students a flexible and affordable option for earning their degree," said Matthew Fitzpatrick, college outreach coordinator, Best Colleges.

Information for the rankings was collected from the Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System and the College Navigator.

MEDIA CONTACT: Robb King | 724.738.2199 | robert.king@sru.edu