SRU’s Gault Gallery offers ‘Our Bodies Our Selves’
This drawing by Megan Chin, an artist from New York City, will be on display during Slippery Rock University’s Sept. 6-29 “Our Bodies Our Selves” exhibit at the Martha Gault Art Gallery.
Sept. 6, 2016
SLIPPERY ROCK, Pa. - Artwork created by women and representing the female form will be displayed when Slippery Rock University's Martha Gault Art Gallery offers "Our Bodies Our Selves" Sept. 6-29. The exhibit kicks off the gallery's 2016-2017 season.
An opening reception will take place from 5-7 p.m., Sept. 13.
Five professional artists' paintings and drawings will be featured, including:
- Megan Chin of New York City. Her works visualize fluidity in gender and relationships. She also draws black and white headshot portraits.
- Julia Clift of Philadelphia. She is a professor of painting at the Maryland Institute College of Art, whose work explores gender identity. A number of her paintings are held in the permanent collection of the Wythe Hotel in New York City.
- Ghislaine Fremaux of Lubbock, Texas. She is assistant professor of art at Texas Tech University. Her drawings examine sexuality, selfhood and consciousness. Her works have been shown domestically and in Nicaragua.
- Colleen Garibaldi of Washington, D.C. Much of her work features parts of the human body. She has exhibited in North Carolina, New Jersey, Colorado and Michigan.
- Rabecca Signoriello of New Castle. She is muralist whose background includes employment as a paving company laborer. Her works are in private collections in Pennsylvania, New York, Florida and Monaco.
The Martha Gault Art Gallery, located in SRU's Maltby Center, is open weekdays from noon-5 p.m.
MEDIA CONTACT: Gordon Ovenshine | 724.738.4854 | firstname.lastname@example.org