SRU cooks up 41st International Dinner Nov. 14
Nov. 6, 2015
SLIPPERY ROCK, Pa. - Slippery Rock University international students will cook and serve cuisine from more than 30 countries when the Office of Global Engagement offers the 41st Annual International Dinner at 7 p.m., Nov. 14, in SRU's Smith Student Center Ballroom. Community residents are welcome.
International students supplied the recipes and will wear traditional dress from their home countries. The evening will begin with a flag ceremony and conclude with student performances following dinner.
The menu is all-you-can eat buffet. Cuisine will include chicken curry (Sri Lanka), Irish beef stew (Ireland), enchiladas (Mexico), wiener schnitzel (Germany), pollo guisado (Dominican Republic) and efo riro (Nigeria).
The dinner is the signature and final event for SRU's Nov. 8-14 Internations Week, which celebrates the presence of more than 110 current students from 34 countries. Events throughout the week include:
• Nov. 8 - Sports Night, 9-11 p.m. in Morrow Field House.
• Nov. 9 - Fashion Show, 8 p.m., Smith Student Center Ballroom.
• Nov. 10 - Coffee House, 12:30-2 p.m., 215 Spotts.
• Nov. 12 - Round table comparison of education systems across the globe, 12:30-2 p.m., 111 Eisenberg.
• Nov. 14 - International Dinner, 7 p.m., Smith Student Center Ballroom.
Tickets for the dinner are $15.50 for students, $25.50 for general admission and $10.50 for children ages 12 and under. Tickets must be purchased in advance at the SRU Information Desk in the Smith Student Center.
MEDIA CONTACT: Gordon Ovenshine | 724.738.4854 | firstname.lastname@example.org