SRU students take part in medical mission to Peru
A group of 14 Slippery Rock University students participated in a medical mission trip to Peru through the Foundation for International Medical Relief of Children. FIMRC provides worldwide medical care to disadvantaged families and underserved communities.
Participating physician assistant graduate students included:
· Mikala Britt from Milroy;
· Kelly Miller from Fresno, California;
· Tyler Hays from Butler;
· Sara Johnson from Hermitage;
· Michelle George from Slippery Rock; and
· Mary Upchurch from Slippery Rock.
Also taking part were:
· Alexandra Franz, a sophomore Early Education/Special Education major from Napoleon, Ohio;
· Emily Suchar, a Junior Public Health major from Canonsburg;
· Rebecca Lewis, a senior exercise science major from Elizabeth;
· Emily Rathmann, a senior exercise science major from Lake Ronkonkoma, New York; Samantha Anders, a senior exercise science major from Alexandria;
· Alexus Nubani, a sophomore biology major from Leavittsburg, Ohio;
· Amber Davidson, a senior biology major from Warren, Ohio; and
· Aubrey Wiesner, a senior biology major from St. Marys.