Car Rental Information
Which is the right choice for you, renting from Enterprise or using a personal or state vehicle? Use the trip optimizer to find the most economical means of vehicle travel
Enterprise Car Rental
Slippery Rock University-business rentals only.
Grove City Enterprise Car Rental Office: 724.748.7007, Option 4
- Rental days - All rentals are based on a 24-hour day
- Delivery hours - The Grove City location, will deliver to the SRU campus Monday - Friday 8:30 am - 5:00 pm. It is extremely important that when using the e-link to set up a reservation for delivery it is at least two weeks in advance. If you need to set up a delivery prior to the two week deadline, please do not hesitate to contact the branch directly @ 724.748.7007, option 4.
- Quick start option - If it is necessary to pick up a vehicle on Saturday to leave early on Sunday or Monday, there is a one time $15 quick start fee option available. The regular daily charges will start when you are driving the vehicle as does the coverage. (Please note if you are unable to pick up the vehicle on Saturday at our location and would like the branch to deliver the vehicle on Friday, the quick start fee applies for that day as well. The traveler will need to consider the correct amount of days in the calculation on the trip optimizer. The $15 quick start daily fee will need to be added to the total cost of the rental.) Should the traveler choose to use the quick start option, they must notify Enterprise when reserving the vehicle.
- Mileage cap - All corporate rentals have unlimited mileage.
Enterprise rental Instructions:
Prepare travel request and obtain appropriate approvals. Forward to Accounts Payable at least two weeks prior to departure.
- Call Enterprise in Grove City (724.748.7007, option 4) for rental arrangements or use the attached e-link approximately TWO WEEKS prior to departure. Our corporate rental contract number is L400156. Enterprise will coordinate vehicle delivery and return with traveler. (Enterprise Grove City can make rental arrangements with other locations for your convenience; however the Grove City location is the only location that offers delivery to campus.)
- When approved, a copy of the travel request is returned to the department. Call Enterprise with Travel Request Number (TRA#). Rental expense will be paid from approved travel funds. Gasoline purchases with receipts should be included on Travel Expense Voucher for reimbursement.
- Any Enterprise vehicle rental larger that a standard full size car requires an email approval from the Accounts Payable office. Please be sure to notify Accounts Payable of the need for a larger vehicle prior to submitting your Travel Request. Once the approved request is received, Accounts Payable will email Enterprise the approval.
- Reservations for "Specialty Vehicles"; (ie, mini-vans, SUV's, 12-15 passenger vans) must be made at least two weeks in advance. Enterprise requires at least 48 hours notice to cancel reservations for specialty vehicles. (72 hour notice is required for 12-15 passenger vans.) The university will be charged one day rental fee if appropriate notice is not given.
Slippery Rock University employee rental return notice
- You must call the Grove City Enterprise, 724.748.7007, option 4, to notify Enterprise that you are finished using the vehicle so they can properly stop charges, otherwise you will be charged until the Grove City Enterprise is contacted. It is the renter's responsibility to contact the branch during their hours of operation. (Mon-Fri 8am - 6pm and Sat 9 am - noon)
- Enterprise cars returned to campus are to be parked in the SRU police station parking lot and keys are to be returned in the Enterprise lock box only.
- Any vehicle returned to the university police lot after scheduled delivery hours Friday (5pm) or on Saturday and Sunday will be charged thru the following Monday. It remains the renter's responsibility on Monday to notify an Enterprise employee that the vehicle is available for pick up.
- The renter has the option to return the vehicle directly to the Grove City Enterprise branch to stop charges immediately upon the return of the vehicle.