Diversity and Equal Opportunity
Welcome to the Office of Diversity & Equal Opportunity
Slippery Rock University will excel as a caring community of lifelong learners connecting with the world.
Affirmative Action Statement
Slippery Rock University is committed to a policy of affirmative action. Slippery Rock University assures an equal opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, ancestry, national origin, age, gender or veteran's status in accordance with state and federal laws, including Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973.
Respect for Individuals in the Community
Slippery Rock University provides an environment that respects, encourages, and promotes the talents and contributions of all. Slippery Rock University values a community with a shared sense of purpose, where people demonstrate mutual respect and appreciation. Slippery Rock University values diversity that honors and includes all persons regardless of age, creed, disability, ethnic heritage, gender, gender identity, race, religion, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic status in academic and extracurricular endeavor, in the working environment, and in the daily life of the university community.
Provide the highest quality of service(s) in support of the institution's educational mission and sustain the institution's financial vitality. In accomplishing this mission, the Division will focus its efforts in the following areas:
- Maintain financial equilibrium and maintain adequate financial reserves.
- Involve staff in strategic planning.
- Involve staff and user service groups in determining techniques that enhance, efficiencies, productivity, and services within available resources.
- Maintain and provide quality facilities.
- Maintain a safe campus environment.
- Provide an environment that encourages professionalism, creativity, teamwork, recognition, and communication.
- Nurture a culture that expects and encourages quality