Government Contracting Assistance Center, PTAC
The Government Contracting Assistance Center (GCAC) is a Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC) operated by Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania. GCAC provides assistance to businesses interested in pursuing federal, state and local government contracts and subcontracts.
GCAC was established in 1989 as a collaborative effort between Slippery Rock University of PA and California University of PA's Government Agency Coordination Office (GACO). For 30 years, the GACO/GCAC program has been working cooperatively to provide government contracting assistance to companies in the region.
GCAC assists businesses in the region by:
- Advising and assisting companies in marketing products and services to government agencies
- Identifying codes for federal government contracting which include Federal Supply Class (FSC) codes, Service Codes and North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) codes
- Notifying companies of bid opportunities for federal, state and local government contracts and subcontracts, corporate contracts and foreign contracts
- Assisting with government registrations (System for Award Management, DSBS, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Vendor Registration and Small Business Procurement Initiative, Contracting websites, and others)
- Advising of subcontracting opportunities and contacts and establishing a profile in the GACO/GCAC Subcontracting Match Program (SMP)
- Assisting companies in filing applications for placement on state and local bidders' lists
- Advising on bid preparation
- Assisting with obtaining specifications and standards data and technical data packages for federal government work
- Researching historical cost data and parts suppliers
- Providing guidance and points of contact for federal, state and local contracting
- Conducting seminars for education and training in government contracting policies and procedures
- Hosting procurement fairs for face-to-face marketing opportunities with federal, state and local government agencies and corporations
DLA Procurement Technical Assistance Program (PTAP)
This Procurement Technical Assistance Center is funded in part through a cooperative agreement with the Defense Logistics Agency (DLA). Click here for additional information on the DLA PTAP program.
Also funded through a grant by the Allegheny Foundation.