Viewing Bid Opportunities
Slippery Rock University utilizes PASSHE's Procureware website at https://passhe.procureware.com for bids, request for quotes, and request for proposals. Suppliers are encouraged to register online. When bid opportunities are posted to the Procureware website system by Contracts & Purchasing, registered suppliers will be notified of opportunities that match your products and services and given the opportunity to bid online. An additional benefit to registering is that the supplier may also receive bid opportunities for needs posted by other Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education universities. There is no cost for the supplier to register.
Although solicitations are available for public viewing, in order to submit a proposal, interested suppliers MUST register at PASSHE's Procureware website, https://passhe.procureware.com. This includes suppliers for procurement as well as construction bids. Registration is a one-time free process that takes only a few minutes. Once registered, suppliers may obtain all solicitation documents, receive notification of solicitation updates that match your products and services, and submit and update their confidential proposals online.
Supplier Registration Instructions
1. To register, go to PASSHE's Procureware website, https://passhe.procureware.com, and click on the "Register" tab.
2. A "Vendor Quickstart Guide" is available on the Exchange's Home Page to assist in the registration process.
Slippery Rock University is a member of PASSHE's eProcureware Exchange and solicitations and bid results/awards can be viewed at that web site.
Viewing Proposed Sole Sources and Emergency Purchase Orders
View proposed Sole Sources and proposed Emergency Purchase Order (EPOs) at PASSHE's eProcurement Exchange https://passhe.procureware.com
Searching Tip: To find 'Sole Source' or 'Emergency (EPO)' Bids, use the BID TYPE NAME filter.
Sole Source contracts will be posted for seven calendar days prior to approval for public comments and also posted for 30 days following approval. Please submit any comments or questions to James Revesz, Director of Contracts & Purchasing, Slippery Rock University, 104 Maltby Ave., 005 Old Main, Slippery Rock, PA 16057 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
A contract may be awarded for an item without the necessity of bidding when the Contracting Officer determines in writing that one of the following statutory conditions exists:
- Only a single contractor is capable of providing the product or service;
- A federal or state statute or federal regulation exempts the products or service from competitive procurements;
- The total cost of the product or service is less than $19,700.00;
- It is clearly not feasible to award the contract on a competitive basis;
- The services involve the repair, modification or calibration of equipment and the work is to be performed by the manufacturer of the equipment or by an authorized dealer, provided the Contracting Officer determines that bidding is not appropriate under the circumstances, or
- The contract is in the best interest of the Commonwealth.
Emergency Contracts are permissible when the Contracting Officer or his designee's determines that there is a threat to public health, safety and welfare or circumstances outside the control of the University create an urgency of need which necessitates the suspension of normal bidding and review requirements.
When possible two bids should be secured. These do not have to be in writing. However, written determination of the basis for the emergency and for the selection of the contractor must be included in the contract file and sent in the form of a certification when the contract is submitted for legal review after the work is completed.
The following items are required for all Emergency Contracts:
- Written Scope of Work
- Contractor's written documentation of its bid
- Performance and Payment Bonds (if required)
- Prevailing Wage Determination (if required)