1. Each department may select one faculty member per category to submit a one-page application describing his or her scholarly or creative work to the College Dean, and why the candidate believes that the work is worthy of the award by Monday, December 2.
2. The scholarly or creative work must be included in the application along with three supporting letters or documents, one of which must be external to the university. Supporting letters or documents may include, but are not limited to, such things as published reviews, expert testimony, juried exhibits, and newspaper reviews of performances and exhibits.
3. The department will then use a process that addresses the criteria below and choose one applicant.
4. The candidate's application is submitted to the Dean of the College, or appropriate manager.
5. Each College will identify a process for forwarding one candidate from the College as its representative.
6. The Dean of the College, or appropriate manager submits one candidate from the college to the university selection committee.