The President’s Commission on Sustainability serves as the umbrella organization for all sustainability initiatives on campus and works to promote and facilitate the cooperative efforts of faculty, staff, students and staff to educate, develop values, share knowledge, and create a culture of sustainability across campus.
The Commission identifies and advises the president on establishing and integrating sustainability strategies and policies for the University.
The Commission will provide leadership for:
- Advancing sustainability through education, operations and community engagement,
- Promoting individual and community responsibility for resource management,
- Monitoring indicators and progress through assessment and benchmarking activities,
- Initiating specific sustainability initiatives, and
- Ensuring that Slippery Rock University meets or exceeds requirements of the Presidents’ Climate Commitment.