The President’s Commission on the Status of Women leads as well as supports women’s leadership and gender equity as cornerstones of the collegiate experience at Slippery Rock University.
Goals: The goals of the Commission consist of the following:
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to understanding and addressing the concerns of women students, faculty, staff, and administrators.
- Promote a supportive campus climate for women.
- Support and promote an institutional commitment to Women’s Studies and The Women’s Center.
- Support a university planning process that addresses at each stage the question of impact on women’s leadership and gender equity.
- Initiate a campus values inventory to examine value issues that continue to prevent the inclusion of women in certain areas of university life as needed.
- Recommend policies, procedures, and programs that support children and families in the broadest sense.
- Promote activities that demonstrate the value of diversity to the campus life.
- Promote and foster women’s leadership development.
- Provide leadership in fostering an environment that encourages the discussion of and attention to gender equity issues.
- Reaffirm the commitment to a Commission on the Status of Women.