It is prohibited to manufacture, distribute, sell, dispense, possess or use any controlled substance in the workplace, on campus or in any facility owned, leased, or otherwise controlled by Slippery Rock University. This includes, but is not limited to, University related events, programs, or activities which occur on campus and off campus, under authority of the Board of Governors.
It is expected that Slippery Rock University students and employees who use or possess alcoholic beverages will do so legally. Alcohol is prohibited in the workplace, except at social events when approved by the Alcohol Request Committee. Students are also governed by the regulations of the Slippery Rock University Code of Conduct.
The Code states, in summary, that:
1. Students must be 21 years of age to consume alcohol or possess alcohol;
2. Alcohol is prohibited on campus;*
3. It is unlawful to misrepresent your age to purchase or consume alcohol;
4. It is unlawful to modify or forge official documents to purchase alcohol or to
do so for others;
5. Alcoholic beverages cannot be sold without a State license;
6. It is unlawful to provide alcohol to persons under the age of 21;
7. When using alcohol, it is prohibited to:
a. disturb the lives of others;
b. subject yourself or others to harm or injury;
c. destroy property;
d. disrupt the tranquility of the community;
8. University funds may not be used to purchase alcohol.
*Except at social events when approved by the Alcohol Request Committee.