The ARC is a unique facility on the Slippery Rock University campus as it provides numerous opportunities for interaction between diverse populations and may create the ideal climate for learning to respect the dignity and worth of each individual. The ARC hosts dignitaries, children and people of more reserved cultures than our own on a regular basis. Students and patrons are expected to join the Campus Recreation Team in promoting a positive learning environment and to use mature judgment in choosing actions, clothing and language. It is possible to register a difference of opinion or disappointment in a civil manner. The use of abusive or profane language will not be tolerated.
- The Campus Recreation Team has the authority to eject students and/or patrons from the ARC who:
- Engage in actions that pose a significant risk or substantial harm to the health and/or safety of the individual or others.
- Use profane language.
- Misuse equipment.
- Engage in actions, which disrupt, by physical or auditory means, the ongoing operation or activities of the ARC.
- Engage in actions, which violate university or ARC policies and procedures as well as any federal, state or local law.
- Campus Police will attend to students and patrons who do not cooperate with Campus Recreation Team members.
- Student Standards will handle conduct issues involving students while patrons may have their memberships revoked or suspended without a refund.
- Sexual harassment of students, patrons or employees will be resolved through the use of all available legal channels.