Each semester, the Office of Campus Recreation allots rental time of the indoor and outdoor facilities for various sports and special events. The availability of these facilities varies each semester depending upon the schedule of Campus Recreation activities. Campus Recreation coordinates rentals for the following facilities:
A. Aebersold Student Recreation Center (ARC)
1. Aquatic Center (Exclusive or joint usage)
2. Climbing Wall (Exclusive or joint usage)
3. Gym A (up to 4 courts)
4. Gym B (1 court)
5. Additional facilities that may accompany a rental:
a. RPM Room
b. Lobby/lounge areas
d. Conference Room
e. ARC Kitchen
B. McFarland Recreational Sports Complex (MAC)
1. Two lighted softball fields
2. Four lighted multi sport fields
3. Dek Hockey rink (Opening fall 2013)
4. Rugby Field
5. Disc Golf Course (Nine Holes)
6. Additional facilities that may accompany a rental:
a. Rest rooms
b. Concession stand
C. Ski Lodge
1. General gathering area
a. Indoor fire pit (Fire wood not provided with rental)
b. Tables and benches (Seating for 100-125)
c. Rest rooms and shower facilities
d. Refrigerator and ice machine
e. Outdoor patio with picnic tables and two large grills
1. Eighteen (18) campsites (10 with electric power)
2. Each site has a fire ring and picnic table
3. Tent, trailer or RV accessibility
4. Rest room and shower facilities
Rental group leaders are responsible for knowing and enforcing all SRU policies and procedures outlined in this brochure. Campus Recreation reserves the right to terminate any rental activities not abiding by the established rules and regulations. The Campus Recreation Facility Rental Policy is in accordance with Slippery Rock University’s Late Night Open Student Events Policy.
Click on one of the following rental options for more information:
A. ARC Rentals
1. ARC Rock'n Rent Kitchen Agreement
2. ARC Rock'n Rent Party Brochure
3. ARC Rock'n Rent Party Request
4. ARC Special Event
5. Waiver Rock'n Rent Group
B. The MAC
1. MAC Group Rental Request
2. MAC Team Waiver and Consent Form
C. Ski Lodge
1. Ski Lodge Rental Form
Large Groups (25 or more) and Special Events should also contact Karen Perry.
II. Facility Access
A. Internal University Recognized Groups
1. Current SRU ID or ARC Membership card required.
B. External Groups
a. Present drivers license and/or ARC Membership card and rental paperwork to Facility Supervisor.
a. Present concert ticket.
C. Late Night Social Event Policy
1. Current photo ID (college, driver’s license or state ID) is required from all participants for access.
a. All IDs will be scanned.
b. Non Slippery Rock University students under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent, guardian or SRU student (age 18 or older) throughout the course of the event unless otherwise specified.
III. Certificate of Insurance
A. A Certificate of Insurance is REQUIRED for all non-SRU organizations; private non profits, for profit groups, churches, scouts, school groups, etc..
IV. Rental Request Procedure
A. Facility Requests will be honored on a space available and first come, first served basis.
1. The Assistant Director of Campus Recreation has the authority to approve or deny facility usage requests in accordance with established policies and procedures.
2. Facility Requests will be granted based upon availability of space, staffing, and police, with consideration for additional activities being conducted on campus that day.
B. The Campus Recreation Facility Rental/Request form must be completed and submitted to the Assistant Director of Campus Recreation.
1. Verbal requests will not be honored.
2. Campus Recreation Facility Rental/Request form must be submitted a minimum of 7 days prior to the event.
C. Confirmations/denials of Facility Requests
1. The Assistant Director of Campus Recreation will contact the rental group to inform them of the request’s status.
D. Non Refundable Deposits, Security Deposits and Cancellation Policy
1. Non refundable deposit.
a. Large Group Deposit (25 or more people) 10% of total rental cost.
b. Rock’n Rent Party $25
2. Security Deposit (These funds will be returned upon completion of the rental providing that there are no damages created by the group).
a. Large Group Security Deposit (25 or more people) 10% of total rental cost.
b. Rock’n Rent Party $25
c. The remaining balance is to be paid the day of the rental at the ARC Welcome Center unless invoicing procedures have been preapproved.
d. Events cancelled less than two weeks prior to the scheduled date will lose their security deposit.