Skip to main content

 Intramural Sports Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) 



1.) How do I sign up a team?
a. Go to, sign in using your SRU login.
b. Register and agree to all terms, then verify your account with your SRU e-mail.
c. Select your sport(s) and register a team, join a team, or become a free agent.

For help stop by the Campus Recreation office or contact us at 724-738-2874 or

2.) What if I don’t have a team?
If you don’t have a team to join and wish to participate, there is an option on IMLeagues to sign up as a Free Agent and will be advertised as an available player.  the IM office can help you find a team by giving your information to team captains of existing teams.  You are also welcome to attend the captain’s meetings to find captains looking to add players to their rosters. 

3.) Where are intramural sports competitions played?
All outdoor competitions are held at the McFarland Recreational Sports Complex also known as the "MAC" and all indoor competitions are held at the Aebersold Recreation Center (ARC) unless noted otherwise.

 4.) Who is eligible to participate in intramural sports?
Students and faculty/staff are permitted to participate in intramural sports. Students must be currently enrolled at Slippery Rock University as an undergraduate student or graduate student to be eligible to participate in intramural sports.  Varsity athletes are not permitted to participate in the same/comparable intramural sport. Club sport athletes are permitted to participate in the same/comparable sport; however, there is a limit to the number of club players allowed per team.     

5.) Can I play on more than one team in the same sport?
You can only play on two different teams in the same sport if one of those teams is a co-rec team. Participants are not allowed to play on two men’s teams or two women’s teams regardless of the competition level. 

6.) Can I add players to my roster after registration?
Yes, teams can add players to the roster before that team’s second game.  After the team plays two games, the team’s roster is final and no additional players will be added.

7.) Are there different levels of competition in intramural sports?
Intramural sports offer three levels of competition for leagues.  The three levels of leagues are competitive, intermediate, and recreational.  For tournaments, there are two levels of competition. The two levels of tournaments are championship and recreational.

8.) Are there playoffs for intramural sports?
There are playoffs for competitive and intermediate leagues; however, there are no playoffs for recreational leagues. 

9.) Do I need to bring my Student ID to each competition?
Yes, students are required to present their Student IDs before each competition to the Intramural Supervisor.  If you do not have your Student ID, you will not be permitted to play.

10.) How do I become an Intramural Referee?
You can apply for an intramural referee position by completing an application form and returning the completed form to the IM office (ARC Room 118).  You can pick up an application form at the IM office or download it here.  

IM Staff/Officials Information

Sport Rules

Past & Present Champions

IM Sports Handbook

IM Sports Schedules and Standings

Contact SRU IM Sports

Frequently Asked Questions


ARC Hours

This Week at the ARC

Upcoming Programs
and Events

Aebersold Student
Recreation Center (ARC)

ARC Academic Year Hours:
Mon-Fri: 6am - 11pm
Sat: 9am - 11pm
Sun: Noon - 11pm

Play is prohibited at the MAC (McFarland Recreational Sports Complex) when the RED FLAG is flying. The MAC will be closed from December 1-March 1.

When the University is on a 2 hour delay due to weather, the ARC will not open up until 8:00 a.m..