I. Job Summary
This position is responsible for the operation of the game clock and keeping statistical information if necessary.
I. Job Relationship
A. Responsible to: Coordinator of Intramural Sports
B. Supervised by: Intramural Graduate Assistant/Intern
A. Game Rules
1. Knowing the games rules so that the clock and score sheets can be maintained accurately.
2. Closely monitor the games.
B. Game Management
1. Collect ID’s from student participants.
2. Maintain score sheets.
3. Operate game clock.
4. Monitoring and communicating the game score throughout the contest to both teams and the officials.
C. Protest and forfeits
a. Follow the established procedures and document the situation.
b. Report any problems immediately to the Site Supervisor.
D. Disciplinary Action
1. Assist in prevent and/or resolving disputes or confrontations that may arise during the contest.
2. Complete or assist in completing incident form.
1. Distribute and collect equipment.
2. Scorekeepers will be held financially responsible for any equipment they are responsible for that is lost or damaged.
F. Accidents and Incident
1. Play a leading role in attending to any accidents or incidents that occur.
2. Complete or assist in completing accident form.
G. Other duties as assigned.
A. Complete official’s training.
B. Be on time for games assigned.
C. Follow through with assigned games and complete responsibilities.
D. Being alert to the games action.
IV. Position Qualifications
A. Prior scorekeeping experience preferred not required.
B. Interest in intramural sport.
A. Promote ROCK PRIDE in spirit and in action.
B. Attend mandatory Staff Meeting and Staff Training.
This position is a good initial experience working with Intramural Sports and Campus Recreation. No previous experience is necessary.
Return to Student Employment Home
This Week at the ARC
Recreation Center (ARC)
ARC Academic Year Hours:
Mon-Thurs: 6am - 11pm
Fri: 6am - 9pm
Sat: 9am - 9pm
Sun: Noon - 9pm
Play is prohibited at the MAC (McFarland Recreational Sports Complex) when the RED FLAG is flying. The MAC will be closed from December 1-March 1.
When the University is on a 2 hour delay due to weather, the ARC will not open up until 8:00 a.m..