Membership Category Definitions
SRU Affiliates: Currently enrolled SRU students, faculty/staff, their spouse and family. SRU Alumni must show current Alumni Association card to secure purchase of SRU Affiliate memberships. SRU graduates that paid the Recreation Center fee during their college career (Fall 1994-Fall 1999) will receive pre-paid status.
Senior Adults (62 or older) or SRU retirees and their spouse: Identified as senior citizens by the university. Proof of age required (driver’s license). Grandchildren are not included in membership.
Combination: Joint memberships for two adults/teen over age 13 living in the same household.
Family Memberships: Families with more than 2 adults age 18 or older and/or dependent children age 13 and older.
Teen Memberships: Membership for teens ages 13 to 17. Must follow Teen Hours. Parent/guardian must purchase membership, show teen’s proof of age and complete medical history waiver.
- Member must present picture ID to purchase membership.
- Documentation confirming age is required. (Driver’s license, etc.)
- Memberships not transferable, refundable or prorated for vacations.
- Membership key tag required for access to the ARC.
- Kid’s Card issued for dependent children only - up to age 12.
- Payroll Deduction – Available to SRU employees only.
- Purchase Location – Campus Recreation Office, Room 117 ARC
Monday – Friday - 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Saturday – 9:00 a.m. to Noon
Sunday – Noon to 4:00 p.m.
Please Note: Facilities and services available on a regular basis; however may be discontinued for a given period of time because of directives from the University, i.e. major maintenance projects or other unforeseen circumstances. Memberships are not prorated because of these events.
I.D.’s Please: SRU students (SRU ID) and ARC Members (ARC Key-tag, including Kid’s Cards), must present their ID at each ARC visit. Please note: SRU students or patrons without proper ID will not be admitted. ID is required to purchase memberships and passes.
Medical History Forms – Prior to initiating participation, a waiver form must be completed when purchasing a membership. Daily waiver must be signed for guest passes.
The ARC has ample and convenient parking available at East Lake Parking lot. SRU's public transportation, the “Happy Bus,” also transports SRU students to the ARC on its regular routes daily. Parking pass is required for ALL lots on campus. ARC parking pass is free to ARC Community members for duration of paid membership. Member must complete vehicle registration and provide drivers license to receive pass.
ARC Daily Guest Pass
- Daily Guest Pass available for purchase ($8.00 per person/day).
- Picture ID with date of birth required to purchase daily gust pass.
- Initial Guest Pass must be purchased at the Campus Recreation Office. Subsequent 1-Day Guest Passes can be purchased at the Welcome Center.