The Slippery Rock University Intramural Sports Program provides a variety of sports and skill levels of competition. ROCK students and faculty/staff members are welcome to participate in sports such as badminton, flag football, basketball, volleyball, softball, floor hockey, soccer and many more. The Intramural Sports Program offers the university community enjoyable opportunities to meet the physical, social, emotional, intellectual, environmental and spiritual dimensions of Wellness. The program also provides students with on campus employment opportunities assisting in developing a positive work ethic and strong leadership skills.
Registration Location: Intramural Sports Office, ARC, Room 118
Click on 2013-2014 for the complete schedule of Intramural Sports offered, registration deadlines and projected season timelines and times of play.
Mug Level: Competitive teams of mostly skilled players. Primarily goal is to have fun while playing against competitors of equal, comparable and of competitive skill levels. Champions receive the IM Champion mug.
T-Shirt Level: Recreational teams comprised of casual competitor and novice players. Skill at specific sport not required. Primary goals are to have fun and be physically active. Champions receive the IM Champion t-shirt.
SRU Students: Currently enrolled graduate and undergraduate students who are in good standing.
Faculty/Staff: Current ARC Membership that spans the entire sport season required.
All participants must show a a valid SRU ID card prior to the start of each contest. ARC Key Tag is not valid to play.
Refer to the Intramural Sports Participant Handbook<IMLeagues.com available on the Campus recreation web site.
Each participants must understand there are risks, hazards and dangers inherent in Intramural Sport participation. Each participant, as part of the IMLeagues registration process, is required to agree to a liability/waiver statement.
Women (W): Eligible female participants. Men are not eligible to participate W leagues.
Men's (M): Eligible male participants. Women are eligible to participate in a men's leagues if a women's is not offered or if they prefer to participate in men's.
Co-Rec (CR): Eligible male/female participants. Each co-rec sport offered will have set modifications/gender ratio requirements to register/play.
Open (O): Eligible male and female participants. Each sport offering open will not require a set gender ratio. Teams may consist of all males, all females or any combination.
Registration (First Come, First Served)
1. Each individual participant must create an account on www.imleagues.com/SRU
a. Scroll to select SRU, login using SRU ID and password.
2. Team captain must form a team in IMLeagues that meets the minimum roster requirement before registering.
3. Team captain prints out roster from IMLeagues.
4. Team captain registers in ARC Programming Office with team fee and completed IMLeagues roster.
5. At the time of registration the team captain will register the team for a specific team league/block.
6. Teams are officially registered for play after team captain pays the team fee/presents a completed IMLeague team roster in Programming Office.
7. Registration CLOSES at 7 p.m. on the registration deadline date.
8. ONLY cash, Personal/Fraternity/Sorority checks with Captain's name included on check. NO CHARGE cards accepted.
Block: Regular season will follow a set day/time throughout the season as indicated by the league/division chosen at registration.
Quick: Accelerated, teams will be scheduled for multiple games per week.
Tournaments/Playoffs: Vary by sport. Participants/teams are required to be available with minimum number of players at any time of the scheduled times.