Slippery Rock University 125
Throughout 2014, Slippery Rock University will celebrate their 125 birthday with a series of activities throughout 2014.
ARC Annual Maintenance Shutdown
August 3-9 and Aquatic Center August 3-16
Summer 2014 Programs
1. Private Swim Lessons: By appointment.
2. Arthritis Stretch Class: Sessions/Semesters: Weekly Monday/Wednesday/Friday from 9-10:20 am.
3. Strokes/Starts/Turns (Ages 8+): Class offers opportunity for swimmers age 8 and up to improve Back, Breast, butterfly and Freestyle strokes, starts and turns.
July 22 & 24 Freestyle
July 29 & 31 Stroke Medley
Time: 9-10:00 a.m.
Member Fee: $10/Stroke
Non-Member Fee: $15/Stroke
B. Fitness and Group Exercise
1. Group Exercise Classes: Classes will be conducted from Tuesday, May 27 Through Friday, August 1. (Click on Group Exercise for a complete schedule)
2. ROCK Fit Youth (Ages 10-15): Instructional weight training course designed specifically for youth/teens with a minimum height of 4’10” focusing on using correct lifting procedures and the five fitness components; flexibility, body composition, cardiovascular conditioning, muscular strength and endurance. Completion of this class enable you to use the RWFC during the summer for an addition $10.00 with the parent who is a current ARC Member.
Days and Times: Monday and Wednesday 10-11 a.m. or
Tuesday/Thursday 11 a.m.-noon
Member Fee: $20.00
Non Member Fee: NA
3. Summer Youth Certificate (Ages 10-15): Youth whose parents are a current ARC Member are eligible for this program that enables youth to use the RWFC during summer hours. The student must participate in three orientations and pass the fitness test. Adult ARC Members must supervise youth in RWFC.
Summer 2014: July 16-August 1
Times: By Appointment
Member Fee: $10
Non Member Fee: NA
ARC Facility Component Summer Semester Hours
May 12-August 23, 2014
Sundays: Noon-4:30 p.m.
Mondays-Thursdays: 6 a.m.-7:30 p.m.
Fridays: 6 a.m.-6:30 p.m.
Fitness Center, Gym A, Gym BE, RPM Room
Sundays: Noon-5:00 p.m.
Mondays-Thursdays: 6 a.m.-8 p.m.
Fridays: 6 a.m.-7 p.m.
Saturdays: 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Daily: 4-7 p.m.