Spring Semester 2015 Campus Recreation Programs
Week of January 26 Program Registration Deadlines:
A. Wednesday, January 28-Intramural Basketball, I-Line Hockey & Water Polo
B. Thursday, January 29-Session 1 Swim Instructions & ROCK Youth Fit
1. Aquatic Stretch class: Monday/Wednesday/Fridays, 9 a.m.-10:20 a.m.
2. Youth Swim Instructions registrations are due on Thursday, January 29 and lessons begin on Tuesday, February 3 and Saturday, February 7
1. ROCK Personal Training: Begins Wednesday, January 21 and Thursday, January 22
2. ROCK Fit Youth: Registrations are due on Thursday, January 29 and classes begin on Monday, February 2 and Tuesday, February 3
3. Wright Personal Training & Buddy Training: Program provides the opportunity to work with a student personal trainer.
C. Group Fitness Classes
1. Classes begin on Monday, January 26. Click on Group Fitness for a complete schedule
D. Intramural Sports
1. Intramural Sports: Registrations due Wednesday, January 28 for Basketball, In-line Hockey and Water Polo
E. Outdoor Adventures
1. Kayak Roll Clinics: Tuesday, January 27 at 7 p.m.
2. UBS Climbing Competition: Saturday, February 7
F. Safety Certifications
1. Common Hour Challenge Thursday, February 5 at 12:30 p.m.
ARC Facility Component Academic Year Hours
Fall Semester Sunday, September 24-December 13, 2014
Sundays: Noon-8:00 p.m.
Mondays-Thursdays: 6 a.m.-9:00 p.m.
Fridays: 6 a.m.-8 p.m.
Fitness Center, Gym A, Gym B, RPM Room
Sundays: Noon-9:00 p.m.
Mondays-Thursdays: 6 a.m.-11 p.m.
Fridays: 6 a.m.-9 p.m.
Saturdays: 9 a.m.-9 p.m.
Daily: 3-9 p.m.
2014-2015 ARC Policy & Procedure Changes
Beginning Sunday, August 10, 2014 the following ARC Policies and Procedures will go into effect:
A. ARC Membership Fees
1. Membership groups will be merged into a single ARC Membership format.
2. The minimum age to purchase an ARC Membership is age 16.
3. Classifications will be single, combo and family, including dependent children up to age 18.
4. Membership durations will be one, four or twelve months.
5. The prices provide consistent duration savings and are reflective of the SRU Student Recreation Center fee.
Click on ARC Membership Rates for updated prices.
1. Use of a SRU Voluntary Activity Waiver will be implemented.
2. Youth under age 18 requires a parent/legal guardian signature, onsite or notarized.
C. Kid’s Card
1. ARC Member’s dependent youth age 15 and younger are FREE.
2. Provides access on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays only, during SRU’s fall and spring semesters.
3. Provides access during all ARC hours of operation during Winter and Summer sessions.
4. NO access for weekday holidays or snow days in the fall and spring semesters.
5. Kid’s Card holders are permitted to use ONLY the Aquatic Center, Rock Wall and Gyms A & B with direct parental supervision during the hours stated above.
Note: Exceptions to this policy are youth enrolled in Swim Instructions and ROCK Fit Youth. Registered youth will gain access to the aquatic center or the fitness center respectively.
D. Daily Guest Passes
1. Daily guest passes remain available with the following age and access opportunities.
2. Age 18 older - available during all ARC hours of operation
3. Age 16 – 17 - available during all ARC hours of operation, however the initial purchase requires a parent/legal guardian signature on the voluntary activity waiver (on-site or notarized). Subsequent passes do not need parental approval.
4. Age 15 and younger - requires adult (age 18 older) purchase and supervision. Access opportunities are the same as “Kid’s Card” information listed above.
5. All initial guest pass purchases/participants require driver’s license/photo ID with proof of age
6. Voluntary Activity Waiver signature required for INITIAL purchase. Age 17 and younger requires parent/legal guardian signature (on-site or notarized)
Current ARC members who's membership is active after August 9, 2014, and includes dependent youth age 13, 14, 15 years old, a prorated credit will be applied to your ARC account by August 10th to be used toward your next purchase of ARC memberships or programs. SAG merchandise cannot be purchased with this credit. Please realize Kid’s Card access hours are changing – there is no compensation offered. Kid’s Cards are a FREE privilege for our member’s dependent youth up to age 15. If you have any membership questions, please contact Kim Watt Allison, CR Fiscal Assistant at 724-738-4440, Office 113 ARC.