Winter Break Programs
A. Arthritis Stretch class: Monday, Wednesday & Fridays from 9-10:30 a.m. on December 10, 12, 15, 17,19, and 22. Class will resume on Monday, January 5, 2015.
B. Wright Personal Training & Buddy Training: Program provides the opportunity to work with a student personal trainer.
Winter Break ARC Hours
Winter break ARC hours begin on Thursday, December 11 and will continue through Monday, January 19, 2015. Click on ARC Hours for the complete holiday schedule.
Pre-Paid Fees Ending
The Aebersold Student Recreation Center (the ARC) opened in November of 1999 and is now in its fifteenth year of operation. Campus Recreation appreciates the support of Slippery Rock University students who passed the 1994 referendum and those who paid the Recreation Center fee prior to the opening of the ARC. Recreation Center fees were assessed of SURE students from 1994-99.“Pre-paid” alumni have been able to use the accumulated funds to purchase ARC memberships. Please be aware that the opportunity to utilize “Pre-paid” fees will expire on Tuesday, December 30, 2014. Again, thanks for your support and GO ROCK!
ARC Facility Component Academic Year Hours
Fall Semester Sunday, September 24-December 13, 2014
Sundays: Noon-8:00 p.m.
Mondays-Thursdays: 6 a.m.-9:00 p.m.
Fridays: 6 a.m.-8 p.m.
Fitness Center, Gym A, Gym B, RPM Room
Sundays: Noon-9:00 p.m.
Mondays-Thursdays: 6 a.m.-11 p.m.
Fridays: 6 a.m.-9 p.m.
Saturdays: 9 a.m.-9 p.m.
Daily: 3-9 p.m.
ARC Policy & Procedure Changes
Beginning Sunday, August 10, 2014 the following ARC Policies and Procedures will go into effect:
A. ARC Membership Fees
1. Membership groups will be merged into a single ARC Membership format.
2. The minimum age to purchase an ARC Membership is age 16.
3. Classifications will be single, combo and family, including dependent children up to age 18.
4. Membership durations will be one, four or twelve months.
5. The prices provide consistent duration savings and are reflective of the SRU Student Recreation Center fee.
Click on ARC Membership Rates for updated prices.
1. Use of a SRU Voluntary Activity Waiver will be implemented.
2. Youth under age 18 requires a parent/legal guardian signature, onsite or notarized.
C. Kid’s Card
1. ARC Member’s dependent youth age 15 and younger are FREE.
2. Provides access on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays only, during SRU’s fall and spring semesters.
3. Provides access during all ARC hours of operation during Winter and Summer sessions.
4. NO access for weekday holidays or snow days in the fall and spring semesters.
5. Kid’s Card holders are permitted to use ONLY the Aquatic Center, Rock Wall and Gyms A & B with direct parental supervision during the hours stated above.
Note: Exceptions to this policy are youth enrolled in Swim Instructions and ROCK Fit Youth. Registered youth will gain access to the aquatic center or the fitness center respectively.
D. Daily Guest Passes
1. Daily guest passes remain available with the following age and access opportunities.
2. Age 18 older - available during all ARC hours of operation
3. Age 16 – 17 - available during all ARC hours of operation, however the initial purchase requires a parent/legal guardian signature on the voluntary activity waiver (on-site or notarized). Subsequent passes do not need parental approval.
4. Age 15 and younger - requires adult (age 18 older) purchase and supervision. Access opportunities are the same as “Kid’s Card” information listed above.
5. All initial guest pass purchases/participants require driver’s license/photo ID with proof of age
6. Voluntary Activity Waiver signature required for INITIAL purchase. Age 17 and younger requires parent/legal guardian signature (on-site or notarized)
Current ARC members who's membership is active after August 9, 2014, and includes dependent youth age 13, 14, 15 years old, a prorated credit will be applied to your ARC account by August 10th to be used toward your next purchase of ARC memberships or programs. SAG merchandise cannot be purchased with this credit. Please realize Kid’s Card access hours are changing – there is no compensation offered. Kid’s Cards are a FREE privilege for our member’s dependent youth up to age 15. If you have any membership questions, please contact Kim Watt Allison, CR Fiscal Assistant at 724-738-4440, Office 113 ARC.