"To live a creative life, we must
lose our fear of being wrong."
Joseph Chilton Pearce
Location: Building D, Floors 1, 2 East
The Humanities, Fine & Performing Arts Living-Learning Community is for students who are:
- Art, Dance, English, History, Modern Languages & Cultures, Music, Philosophy, Political Science and Theatre majors and/or those with a passion for those areas of interest
- dedicated to producing work and displaying their talents and value being surrounded by others with similar aspirations
- dedicated to the purpose of the LLC and as a result will participate in the activities, trips and other campus opportunities provided for them as an LLC member
Students can apply for this LLC when submitting their housing materials online-- Step 3 of the process is the LLC application.
Students who apply for an LLC as part of the Housing Process and are placed in an LLC agree that if they are accepted into an LLC that they are making a commitment to fully participate in all programs, workshops and projects that are a part of this living-learning community. They will strive to develop the Five Cornerstones of Character and will actively participate in their residence hall community.
Benefits for students who fully participate in the HFPA LLC:
- Students have common interests, goals and values.
- Students form study groups due to taking similar classes.
- Students will develop meaningful relationships with their LLC peers.
- Students will be able to identify and utilize opportunities to become involved in their LLC.
- Students will learn to work with others, practice collaboration across difference, and be committed to ethical action.
- Students will engage in activities that enhance their academic program or interest development.
- Students will develop meaningful connections with a faculty or staff member.
- *Students have exclusive access to a dance studio, an art studio and music practice rooms where they can exercise their creativity.