"“The great challenge of the twenty-first century is to raise people everywhere to a decent standard of living while preserving as much of the rest of life as possible.”
Edward O. Wilson
Location: Building B, First Floor West
The L.E.A.F. (Living in an Environmentally Acceptable Fashion) Living-Learning Community is for students who are:
- interested in interested in environmental protection and sustainability
- interested in supporting sustainability by living in an environmentally responsible community
- interested in developing new sustainable efforts in the residence halls
Students can apply for this LLC when submitting their housing materials online-- Step 3 of the process is the LLC application.
Students who apply for an LLC as part of the Housing Process and are placed in an LLC agree that if they are accepted into an LLC that they are making a commitment to fully participate in all programs, workshops and projects that are a part of this living-learning community.
Benefits for students who fully participate in the L.E.A.F. LLC:
- Students have common interests, goals and values.
- Students form study groups due to taking similar classes.
- Students will develop meaningful relationships with their LLC peers.
- Students will be able to identify and utilize opportunities to become involved in their LLC.
- Students will learn to work with others, practice collaboration across difference, and be committed to ethical action.
- Students will engage in activities that enhance their academic program or interest development.
- Students will develop meaningful connections with a faculty or staff member.
- Students have exclusive access to a specialized space in their residence hall where classes, activities and meetings take place