Living-Learning Communities at Slippery Rock University are dedicated to creating a progressive residential environment that is supportive of students developing personally, becoming responsible global citizens, and learning for a lifetime through meaningful interactions with faculty, staff and students. The Living-Learning Communities do this through academic partnerships, faculty and peer interactions, and by providing opportunities for academic, interest, and social development.
- Provide a living and learning environment that is supportive of the academic and social development of students.
- Enhance the academic and social experience of students through interactions with faculty, staff, and students within the residence hall community.
- Be the catalyst for the development of life long friendships, professional relationships, and affection for Slippery Rock University.
- Students will develop meaningful relationships with their LLC peers
- Students will be able to identify and utilize opportunities to become involved in their LLC
- Students will learn to work with others, practice collaboration across difference and be committed to ethical action
- Students will engage in activities that enhance their academic program to interest development
- Students will develop meaningful connections with a faculty or staff