"The goal of life is living in agreement with nature."
Zeno (335BC- 264 BC)
from Diogenes Laertius,
Lives of Eminent Philosophers
Location: Building F, First Floor West
The Outdoor Adventure & Military Leadership Living-Learning Community is for students who are:
- passionate about outdoor activities such as camping, hiking, backpacking, rock climbing, kayaking, white water rafting, and caving AND/OR returning from military service, currently serve (or aspire to) in the military, or are in the SRU ROTC Program
- dedicated to the purpose of the LLC and as a result will participate in the activities, trips and other campus opportunities provided for them as an LLC member
Students can apply for this LLC when submitting their housing materials online-- Step 3 of the process is the LLC application.
Students who apply for an LLC as part of the Housing Process and are placed in an LLC agree that if they are accepted into an LLC that they are making a commitment to fully participate in all programs, workshops and projects that are a part of this living-learning community. They will strive to develop the Five Cornerstones of Character and will actively participate in their residence hall community.
Benefits for students who fully participate in the OA/ROTC LLC:
- Students have common interests, goals and values.
- Students form study groups due to taking similar classes.
- Students will develop meaningful relationships with their LLC peers.
- Students will be able to identify and utilize opportunities to become involved in their LLC.
- Students will learn to work with others, practice collaboration across difference, and be committed to ethical action.
- Students will engage in activities that enhance their academic program or interest development.
- Students will develop meaningful connections with a faculty or staff member.
- *Students have exclusive access to a specialized space in their residence hall where classes, activities and meetings take place. They also have access to storage space designed specifically for their outdoor equipment.