"“When we venture in that unfamiliar sea, we trust blindly in those who guide us, believing that they know more than we do.”
Location: Building F, Fourth Floor East
The Transfer Living-Learning Community is for students who are:
- transitioning to the SRU community from another institution
- interested in building connections with other transfers
Students can apply for this LLC when submitting their housing materials online-- Step 3 of the process is the LLC application.
Students who apply for an LLC as part of the Housing Process and are placed in an LLC agree that if they are accepted into an LLC that they are making a commitment to fully participate in all programs, workshops and projects that are a part of this living-learning community.
Benefits for students who fully participate in the Transfer LLC:
- Students have common interests, goals and values.
- Students form study groups due to taking similar classes.
- Students will develop meaningful relationships with their LLC peers.
- Students will be able to identify and utilize opportunities to become involved in their LLC.
- Students will learn to work with others, practice collaboration across difference, and be committed to ethical action.
- Students will engage in activities that enhance their academic program or interest development.
- Students will develop meaningful connections with a faculty or staff member.
- Students have exclusive access to a specialized space in their residence hall where classes, activities and meetings take place