All agreements and applications are available on MyHousing and are due at a later date.
Log in to MyHousing
On the left side of the screen, click on “Housing Application”
In the drop down box, choose “Summer 2013”
Read the Agreement Carefully
o Click the two check boxes at the end
o Click Next
Fill out the Summer Application in its entirety. Make sure to click the correct boxes of the time periods that you need housing, and/or your employment/First Responder status if applicable.
The check in Information will be sent to your SRU email account when you finish the application, it will also be listed on the web site.
You will receive your summer assignment when you check in to ROCK Apartments.
Living in ROCK Apartments
Students who live in the R.O.C.K. Apartments are provided with their own room, private phone line with voice mail, personal internet jack and a kitchen and dining area. The living room can be used for relaxing with friends or getting together with a study group. R.O.C.K. Apartments are completely furnished. The bathroom consists of a shower room divided from the toilet, and a vanity area with two sinks. The R.O.C.K. Apartments are spacious and extremely popular. Roommates share the common living areas while each has a private bedroom. The best of on-campus living at a competitive price!
- Fully furnished apartment
- Storage area
- Computer jacks in every bedroom
- Private phone number and voice mail
- Wall to wall carpeting
- Cable TV
- Bathroom with a separate vanity
- Air conditioning
- Balcony or patio
- Security doors
- Window shades
- Curtain rods
- Laundry facilities
What is provided:
- Each apartment has a dishwasher, self-cleaning stove and frost refrigerator/freezer
- Living room couch, chair, coffee table and end tables
- Dining room table and four chairs
- Each bedroom (bedroom size: 9' x 11') has a single bed, a wardrobe armoire, night stand, desk and desk chair, six-drawer and two-shelf desk carrel
- Television cable jacks is provided in the living room and each of the bedrooms
- Computer jacks are located in each bedroom and the computer support and access is the same as we currently have in the residence halls. (3 com Ether link III card and RJ 45-2 cable)
- Each bedroom has it's own phone line and personal voice mail
- Window size: 45" H x 45" W
The following are the summer residence hall rates:
Break: May 18 - May 22 $30.75
Pre-Session: May 22 - June 7 $175.00
Session I: June 10 - July 9 $308.00
Session II: July 10 - August 6 $287.00
Summer Term: June 4 – August 6 $595.00
Full Summer: May 22 – August 6 $790.00
Please Note: We do not offer housing after August 6 2013.
- Meal plans are not required for students living in ROCK Apartments; therefore, the meal plan is optional for Summer 2013.
- Students may contract for a Summer Flex Fund, minimum deposit of $25.00.
- Students will have access to the Summer Flex Fund from May 22 through August 6 2013.
- Unused Summer Flex funds will NOT carry into the Fall 2013 semester. Any unused Summer flex funds will be forfeited.
- Students will have access to various food service facilities during the Summer: Boozel Dining Hall, Starbucks, and Quaker Steak & Lube
- Operating Hours will be posted at various facilities and on the Dining Services website.
- You may contract online for a Summer Flex fund through any of the following webpages: Dining Services, Residence Life, MySRU.
Dining rates for individual meals purchased at Boozel Dining Hall are as follows:
Wkend Brunch $5.80
Non-SRU Sponsored: (Affiliated)
Wkend Brunch $7.45
*Prices are subject to change without notice*
For questions regarding meal service or special requests, please contact Student Life Admin. office at 724-738-2038.
All summer school students and full-time student workers will be housed in ROCK APARTMENTS.
Rock Apartments will be open for check-in from noon until 4:00 p.m. the day before each of the sessions is to begin.
If you are moving from the residence halls at the close of finals week and need to stay on campus, you will be able to make arrangements to move directly into Rock Apartments. Please email Daniel.Brown@sru.edu
Arrangements must be made in advance by emailing Daniel.Brown@sru.edu
Otherwise, the regular check in for Pre-Session is on May 21st from 12nn until 4:00 p.m.
You must pay your House Council dues for each summer session for which you have contracted housing in order to obtain your room key. House Council dues are due at check in - $5 for Pre-Session, $8 per session for Sessions I and II, $15 for Summer Term and $20 for Full Summer.
Additional Important Information
Professional staff and Community Assistants are available to answer questions and provide assistance. For questions or to schedule a drop off time please email Daniel Brown at Daniel.Brown@sru.edu
Students residing in University residence halls expected to comply with all the residence hall and University policies and to respect the rights of all residents.
Your ID card must be presented for admittance to the dining hall, and is necessary to operate the 24-hour card access entry into ROCK Apts
You will be asked to sign a summer Residence Hall Agreement (contract) at check in, if you have not previously done so.