Residency Requirement For First-Year Students
First year students (freshmen) are required to reside on campus during their first year of college (both fall and spring semesters) UNLESS they commute from their permanent home address. In this case, a notarized letter from the parents or guardian is to be submitted to the Office of Residence Life after the student has received the housing information. A written response will be sent from Residence Life staff to the parents or legal guardian. First year students twenty-one years of age or older may request to be exempt from the residency requirement.
Term of Contract
The Contract: The residence hall agreement is for both the fall and spring semesters of the 2015-2016 academic year
Roommate requests will be honored before a residence hall preference (either traditional or suite-style) as long as vacancies permit.
Students assigned to a three person room in a traditional residence hall (particularly in North Hall) can expect two roommates at check-in. If you and a preferred roommate are assigned to a three person room, expect to have a third person assigned to the room.
- Refunds will be credited to your account if there is a balance due from the university.
- New Students who have paid the $175 deposit and withdraw acceptance of their admission offer by May 1, 2015 will be eligible for a partial refund of $87.00. NEW students who withdraw their acceptance of admission offer after May 1, 2015 will not be eligible for a refund.
- Returning Students who decide to withdraw or transfer from the University after reserving a room for the 2015-2016 academic year will forfeit the entire $175 housing deposit.
- Returning Students who wish to be released from their residence hall agreement must submit a Residence Hall Agreement Release Application before March 30, 2015. The $175 deposit will be forfeited.
IMPORTANT: All applications to be released from the residence hall agreement must be submitted, in writing, to the Office of Residence Life. Students may obtain a Residence Hall Agreement Release Application via the Residence Life website, http://www.sru.edu/studentlife/reslife/Pages/ResLifeForms.aspx. You will receive a written reply via your campus e-mail from the Office of Residence Life once the application has been reviewed. If you are released from the residence hall agreement your $175 deposit will be forfeited.
- If you are a CURRENTLY enrolled student at the University who paid the $175 advance deposit to reserve a room for the 2015-2016 academic year and are academically suspended at the end of the current spring 2015 semester or summer 2015 sessions, you will forfeit the $175 housing deposit.
- If you leave the University, or are released from university housing after the start of the academic semester, you shall receive any refund due to you in accordance with the University’s refund policy. The $175 deposit will be forfeited.
If you withdraw from the University, transfer from the University, are released from your residence hall contract by the Office of Residence Life, or are academically suspended from the Slippery Rock University at the end of the Fall 2015 semester, you will not be entitled to a refund of the $175 deposit. IMPORTANT: Because of this agreement is for the fall and spring semesters of the 2015-2016 academic year, if you withdraw from Slippery Rock University during the fall semester for any reason but plan on being readmitted for the spring semester in the same academic year, your residence hall deposit will be credited to the spring semester. If you change your mind and do not attend Slippery Rock University during the spring semester, you will forfeit the $175 residence hall deposit.
Residence Hall And Room Assignment Notification
If you sign your agreement terms online and pay $175 deposit, you will receive your assignment during your orientation session.
Residence Hall Deposit
This residence hall deposit will be credited to your account and applied to the 2015 spring semester residence hall charges.
NOTE: Checks or money orders are to be made payable to Slippery Rock University. Include the student's name and Student ID (ex. A00712345) on the check or money order.
Residence hall assignments will not be made without the $175 deposit.
If you still have questions after you have visited our Web site, feel free to contact personnel in the Office of Residence Life. Our telephone number is 724-738-2082. We are also available by e-mail via our Web site.