The Rock Apartment Agreement is for the Entire 2014-2015 Academic Year (BOTH Fall and Spring semesters).
There is NO one semester leases for the Rock Apartments, when you sign a lease it is for the entire academic year. Please do not sign an off campus lease and expect to be released from your contract.
Students are signing up as a group for the apartment. This agreement is collective and the occupants are responsible for the entire cost of the apartment. If one or more persons vacate due to release from the agreement, withdrawal, suspension, or transfer to another institution, the remaining occupants MUST find a replacement within 15 working days or cover the entire cost of the apartment, for both fall and spring semesters.
The Office of Residence Life categorizes each group as:
ROCK Apartments Layout
- Applications emailed out to students
- During common hour in the Watson Hall Great Room, this is for any current students that live on-campus (new students to the apartments) and also current rock apartment students who would like to learn more about the process.
- Phase 1, this phase is for students who currently live in the Rock Apartments or have at least two returning students in your groups. You must have a group of four students to apply for an apartment. On 10/24 between 8-10 PM you come to the Great Room in Watson Hall with your completed application, 4 group members, and checks or money orders for all students in your group. The deposit is $250.00 per student and is for the utilities in the apartment. The check or money order must be made out to Slippery Rock University.
- On 10/24 at 8 PM you will turn in your application. Once we verify that everything is completed with your application you will choose your apartment with the assistance of Residence Life Staff. Residence Life will then assign each student in your group to a bedroom in the apartment. Therefore, if you are participating in phase 1 then you must attend this session to turn in your application, deposit, and choose an apartment. All members of the group must be present to complete this phase.
- Residence Life verifies how many spaces are left in the apartments and begin preparing for phase 2 (new student process).
- Phase two is for any new members to the rock apartments, this means you have never lived in the apartments before or do not have two other returning members in your group. Applications are due in the Office of Residence Life by 4:00PM on 10/29/2013. You may turn in your application any time before this date. This process is first come, first serve. We will date and time stamp all applications to ensure fairness with the process.
- Phase 2 Students are notified via email if accepted for an apartment.
- (During Common Hour): Approved phase two participants will select their apartment via our MyHousing system. Only one person from you group will need to log onto the system to actually select the apartment. All group members will be previously matched and in the system for selection.
Things to keep in mind:
- If you are a current first year student you are able to participate in the phase 2 process for fall 2014 spring 2015; however, first year students are not allowed to live in the apartments during their first year here.
- If you want to participate in phase 1 you must have at least two returning members in your group
- The $250.00 utility deposits are for the apartment utility usage, each student must pay this fee.
- If you go over the usage in the apartments you will be billed separately. There are no monthly utility fees.
- You may not pay the deposit with cash!
- You may pull a new transfer student into the process with you, but they must already be formally accepted and have an acceptance letter available as proof.
- If you are participating in phase 2 and pay with a money order, please, keep your receipt in case your group is not chosen. The only way to receive a refund on the money order is with a receipt. I recommend all phase 2 participants pay with a check.
- If you are not selected your check will be voided, you will be sent an email to pick up your voided check.
- If you fail to pick up your check, after 30 days, we will shred your voided check.
- You only need one application per group, please make sure you use the proper application (phase 1 or 2).
- Residence Life reserves the right to deny anyone, at any time from the rock apartment process.
- In the memo line of each check please put your name and student ID number so I know who the check is for. If you are writing out only one check and there is not enough room for everyone’s name then please attach a separate sheet of paper with everyone’s name and student ID number. (EXAMPLE: Burick, Natalie A00712345)
- The price listed on our website will increase for next year and is the per semester price, the current cost per semester is $2730.00.
- The lease is for the entire academic year of 2014-2015 we do not grant one semester leases for the apartments or residence halls.
- Residence Life does not require a meal plan when residing in the Rock Apartments; you may choose to purchase one from dining services.
- Please make sure you read the entire lease very carefully and understand all terms of the lease. Staff will be available to answer any questions.