**Fall 2014 transfer students interested in living on-campus. Once you receive your SRU login ID, please be sure to complete the online request form immediately!
Transfers will need to have their SRU student ID card to check-in to any on-campus residence facility. Student ID cards can be obtained in the ID Card Office located in Watson Hall on move-in day between 8 am and 4:30 pm
o Step 1: Log in to MyHousing
· Click on Housing Application
· Make sure that it says Fall 2014 in the drop down box, then click Next
· Read the statement and follow the link to the placement form.
· Fill out the form in its entirety, then click the Submit button
We will contact you on a first come first serve basis.
Filling out the placement form will notify us that you want to be considered for an on-campus assignment. If an assignment becomes available we will send you materials that will allow you to proceed to step 2 of this process. You will only complete step 2 if you are offered housing from the Office of Residence Life.
What if I want to live with a current/returning student?
· If you want to live with a current/returning student, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org stating the name of the current student you would like to live with. The current student must complete the housing application process, email email@example.com stating the same information. Please place in the subject line “roommate request.” You will not participate in any of the Room Selection Processes. We must receive verification of admission and a placement form from the transfer student in order to be able to consider them for placement. Residence Life cannot guarantee placement of transfer students.
What if I want to live with an incoming freshman?
· If you want to live with an incoming freshman, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org stating the name of the incoming freshman you would like to live with. The freshman student must also email Natalie Burick to let her know the same information. Please place in the subject line “roommate request.” Once it is time to make the assignment for the freshman student (based on first come first serve basis), you will be assigned with the freshman student you requested.
· Things you should be aware of when requesting an incoming freshman student:
o Freshman will most likely be assigned to a double style occupancy room – this means a Double or Triple room in the Traditional Halls OR a Double Studio OR Double Suite in the Residential Suites – therefore YOU will most likely be assigned to one of these rooms
o If you or the freshman student you are requesting is applying for an LLC (Living-Learning Community) you must make sure that you BOTH apply for the same LLC and are approved in order for it to be honored. Roommate requests take precedence over all other requests.