Friendly, knowledgeable faculty librarians are available to help with questions or research inquiries in-person or via chat, e-mail, and phone via the Ask A Librarian Portal.
Examples of questions librarians commonly help with include:
- Finding resources on a specific topic
- Formulating a database search strategy/using databases
- Choosing keywords
- Using the library's Catalog and Discovery Search
- Locating or suggesting places to assemble hard-to-find or specialized data - it may not exist,
but we'll help you figure out if it does!
- Determining whether or not an internet source can be trusted
- Citation (references or works cited)assistance
- Using any library service or resource.
Walk-In Reference Librarian Hours
Fall and Spring
Monday-Thursday: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Friday: 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Monday-Friday: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Winter reference inquiries are handled remotely via e-mail using the Ask A Librarian Portal. There are no walk-in hours available except by special appointment.
Located on the 1st Floor of Bailey Library in the Research Services room. If the librarian is not present, ask the student worker at the Information Desk.
The Information Desk can be reached by phone using 724.738.2641.
Every member of the SRU Community has access to a Personal Librarian who specializes in the subject(s) that the student or faculty member is studying or researching. These librarians are available by individual appointments to answer questions in-person or via chat, e-mail, or phone. Find out how to reach out to your Personal Librarian via the Ask A Librarian Portal.