Accountancy (Master of Accountancy)Offered by: School of Business
At Slippery Rock University, our flexible Master of Accountancy program prepares students for the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) exam and allows students to advance their careers in accounting. This degree can be completed in 12 months full-time (or 24 months part-time) with a mixture of online and on-campus classes, giving professionals the flexibility they need to take the next step.
Undergraduate students majoring in accounting at SRU have the opportunity to participate in the 4+1 program and earn a BSBA and Master of Accountancy in 5 years, which would allow them to take up to four graduate courses as undergraduates.
What will you learn?
The MAcc program will develop your knowledge of accountancy. It features 8 core courses on financial analysis and taxation policies as well as 2 accountancy electives that can provide a business or a government/non-profit focus. Our excellent full-time faculty are part of the Slippery Rock School of Business and are well-published especially on the topic of fraud prevention.
Slippery Rock University's Master of Accountancy offers:
- A 30 credit professional degree that can be completed in 12 months (full-time) and 24 months (part-time)
- Flexible enrollment: can enroll full-time or part-time (fall, winter, spring, summer)
- There will generally be two 100% online classes each semester (fall and spring) as well as two blended classes (blended option is subject to change as per COVID-19)
- Classes offered in summer and winter terms are 100% online
- On-site courses are offered at the Regional Learning Alliance (RLA) in Cranberry Township, PA either one or two nights per week depending on part-time or full-time status with an online component (blended) (onsite option is subject to change as per COVID-19)
- Preparation to pass the C.P.A. exam, satisfying the 150-credit requirement of Pennsylvania and other states
- A competitive curriculum for a competitive advantage in the job market
Careers in Accounting
A Master of Accountancy degree prepares students for advanced accounting roles including:
- Certified Public Accountant
- Financial auditor
- Forensic accountant
- Corporate controller
For accountants with a master's degree, the typical salary falls in the range of $52,000 to $135,000.
There is an increasing demand for accountants due to sector growth, the retirement of CPAs, and an increasingly complex tax and regulatory environment. The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) predicts a 6% growth in the employment of accountants and auditors between 2018 and 2028 and the median pay in 2017 for these occupations was $69,350 per year. The BLS predicts that certified public accountants will have the strongest career prospects in this field.
The SRU Master of Accountancy (MAcc) program requires a Bachelor's degree in Accounting or a Bachelor's degree with any major and completion of the following prerequisite courses prior to the start of the program:
- Financial Accounting
- Intermediate Accounting I
- Cost Accounting
*Applicants may submit supplemental application materials as a PDF or JPEG file via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), fax (724.738.2146), or mail.
Required application materials include:
- Online Application
- Graduate Application Fee
- Official Transcripts (Undergraduate/Graduate), with a minimum of a 3.00 GPA or higher (official transcripts must be sent by the institution via e-script to email@example.com)
- Two Electronic reference Forms (students are responsible for forwarding this link to evaluators)
- Resume' (submit to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- GMAT requirement is waived due to COVID-19 until further notice
Earn your Master of Accountancy degree at SRU!
Advance your accounting career through our convenient MAcc program at Slippery Rock University. Request more information today!