Accountancy (Master of Accountancy)Offered by: School of Business
Click GRADUATE SCHOOL EVENTS to view upcoming Program Specific Information Sessions and Open House dates
At Slippery Rock University, our flexible Master of Accountancy program prepares students for the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) exam and allows students to advance their careers in accounting. This degree can be completed in 12 months full-time (or 24 months part-time) with a mixture of online and on-campus classes, giving professionals the flexibility they need to take the next step.
Undergraduate students majoring in accounting at SRU have the opportunity to participate in the 4+1 program and earn a BSBA and Master of Accountancy in 5 years, which would allow them to take up to four graduate courses as undergraduates.
What will you learn?
The MAcc program will develop your knowledge of accountancy. It features 8 core courses on financial analysis and taxation policies as well as 2 accountancy electives that can provide a business or a government/non-profit focus. Our excellent full-time faculty are part of the Slippery Rock School of Business and are well-published especially on the topic of fraud prevention.
Slippery Rock University’s Master of Accountancy offers:
- A 30-credit professional degree that can be completed in 12 months (full-time) and 24 months (part-time)
- Flexible enrollment: full-time or part-time (fall, spring, summer)
- Two 100% online classes each semester (fall and spring) as well as two blended classes
- Classes offered 100% online in the summer and winter terms
- On-site courses are offered at the Regional Learning Alliance (RLA) in Cranberry Township, PA either one or two nights per week depending on part-time or full-time status with an online component (blended)
- Preparation for the C.P.A. exam, satisfying the 150-credit requirement of Pennsylvania and other states
- Preparation for the Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) test; Certified Management Accountant (CMA) designation; Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) certification
- Optional 12-credit Certificate in Business Analytics
- A comprehensive curriculum for a competitive advantage in the job market
Careers in Accounting
A Master of Accountancy degree prepares students for advanced accounting roles including:
- Certified Public Accountant
- Financial Auditor
- Forensic Accountant
- Corporate Controller
- Management Accountant
For accountants with a master's degree, the typical salary falls in the range of $52,000 to $135,000.
There is an increasing demand for accountants due to sector growth, the retirement of CPAs, and an increasingly complex tax and regulatory environment. The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) predicts a 10% growth in the employment of accountants and auditors between 2016 and 2026 and the median pay in 2017 for these occupations was $69,350 per year. The BLS predicts that certified public accountants will have the strongest career prospects in this field.
Attention: To apply for admission, please use the following link to apply now.
- $25 Application Fee
- Official Transcripts - Undergraduate/Graduate (Official transcripts must be sent by institution via electronic transcript e-share to firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail- faxed copies will not be considered official)
- SRU current/Alumni/former students click here to order your official SRU final transcript and have it sent to email@example.com
- Bachelor's degree with a 3.0 GPA or higher
- Two recommendations
The SRU Master of Accountancy (MAcc) program requires a Bachelor's degree in Accounting or a Bachelor's degree with any major and completion of the following prerequisite courses prior to the start of the MAcc program:
- Financial Accounting
- Intermediate Accounting I
- Cost Accounting
*If you are requesting review of your graduate transcripts for transfer of credit, please complete the transfer of credit form and submit to the Office of Graduate Admissions with official graduate transcripts. Please review SRU's transfer of credit policy.
Earn your Master of Accountancy degree at SRU!
Advance your accounting career through our convenient MAcc program at Slippery Rock University. Request more information today!