Industrial and Systems Engineering Major Requirements
Program Requirements are located in SRU's Academic Catalog. Students can utilize the Academic Catalog to access the Curriculum Guide, Student Educational Planner, and to learn about specific courses, departments, and academic policies.
Department Fact Sheet (PDF) includes an overview of major, department highlights, and career opportunities.
Program Educational Objectives
The program educational objectives (PEOs) of Bachelor of Science in Industrial and Systems Engineering are to produce skilled graduates who will:
- Become technically competent professionals in modern industrial engineering based careers, as well as other emerging disciplines.
- Engage in life-long professional development with a commitment to continual professional growth.
- Achieve leadership positions in the career of their choice.
- Consistently practice professional and ethical responsibilities, and be mindful of the role of professionals in global society.
- Identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
- Ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
- Communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- Recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- Function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
- Develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- Acquire and apply new knowledge as needed using appropriate learning strategies
|Enrollment and Graduation Data|
|Academic Year||Total Enrollment||Graduates|