Internet Explorer Alert: It would appear that you are running Internet Explorer, which is an unsecure, outdated browser. Please download a modern browser to ensure a pleasant, secure and functional browsing experience.


Student Resources


COVID-19 Vaccine

Download an accessible version of the above infographic for screen reader purposes.

D2L, Video Conference, Email

Academic Resources FAQs
Career Education and Development
How do I schedule an appointment with Career Education?

Students can call the office, weekdays, during regular business hours at 724.738.2028 or schedule via their SRU Handshake account. In Handshake, students can select Career Center > Appointments > Schedule Appointment.

How do I change or cancel a career appointment?

Changes can be made to any scheduled appointment up to 24 hours in advance by using the scheduling system in Handshake. Please avoid being a no show. You can also call or stop by the office to change an appointment.

What if I want to sign up for a career learning event or job fair?

There will be numerous career events held during the 2021-22 academic year; some of these events will be held as in-person group programs, and others through virtual modalities. Registration for all career-related events can be found in Handshake under the “Events” area. Events for fall will be listed in early August and spring events in early January.

Will some Zoom career coaching sessions still be offered during the 2021-22 academic year?

Yes. The career education team will continue to offer Zoom career appointments of all types throughout the 2021-22 academic year. The availability of in-person meetings with a career coach may vary with changing social distancing rules. Students can always contact the career education office, and ask about the types of appointments available; the Handshake appointment area will also be reflective of current appointment modalities.

Disability Services
Will the Office of Disability Services continue to provide services to students?

The Office of Disability Services will operate 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, via walk-ins, by appointment (preferred), or via zoom at 105 University Union; the office will be open every day with a full staff available to assist students. Staff members are able to host Zoom meetings, in-person meetings, are available via email, and/or by calling 724.738.4877. Students will receive their accommodation letters before the semester begins. Any changes regarding office functionality will be announced via email. For additional information, contact or Dr. Natalie Burick, director of disability services, at

Involvement and Engagement
What are some ways that students can be involved in co-curricular activities?

There are hundreds of ways to get involved at SRU, including 200+ student organizations, fraternities and sororities, club sports and both in-person and virtual campus events. Log into CORE to explore and learn more about these opportunities. For more information, contact the Office for Student Engagement and Leadership at

Will there be on-campus events in the fall?

Campus events will occur in both virtual and in-person formats. More information for all events can be found on CORE.

How do I join a student organization?

A complete list of student organizations and their events is available on CORE. Search by organization, interest area or key word. Viewers of an organization’s page can contact the club via the “Contact” button or become a member using the “Join” button.

You can also participate in the Involvement Fair, where you will be able to meet and chat in-person with members of various organizations. The Involvement Fair will be held on the Campus Quad from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Aug. 31.

How do I join a fraternity or sorority?

Join the community for a number of in-person events where you will be able to meet with members of the various fraternities and sororities at SRU:

  • Meet the Greeks: (during WOW): 3 p.m., Aug. 20
  • Meet the Sororities: 1 p.m., Aug. 28
  • Meet the Fraternities: 2 p.m., Aug. 28
  • Involvement Fair: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Aug. 31

Please complete the Fraternity and Sorority Interest Form to receive more information about fraternities and sororities at SRU. The Office for Student Engagement and Leadership will use this information to make sure you are up-to-date on all recruitment activities, informational events and opportunities to learn more about fraternity and sorority life at SRU. For more information, contact the Office for Student Engagement and Leadership at

I belong to a student organization and need support to manage our organization.

The Student Organization Planning Guide serves as a hub for resources and tips to assist student organization members and advisers in planning for the semester. The guide includes information on event planning, hosting meetings, budgets and more. Additional resources are listed on the Student Organizations page on CORE. For more information, contact the Office for Student Engagement and Leadership at

Library / Bookstore
Will I still have access to library resources?

Yes. All students will have access to Bailey Library’s online resources via the library’s webpage. Information regarding additional materials and services is available at the library’s LibGuide page.

How do I access the databases to find journal articles?

A list of databases is available here or you can access databases through the LibGuide page.

How can I reach a librarian if I have a question?

Use the online form to contact a librarian on duty or you can live chat/email your personal librarian via the AskALibrarian portal.

Is InterLibrary Loan still in operation?

ILLiad and E-ZBorrow are at full service. Patrons borrowing physical items through InterLibrary Loan, or in-house request pick-ups, are responsible for picking up and returning requested items to Bailey Library.

Student Support Services and Health Services
What do I do if I feel sick? Will the Student Health Center be open in the spring?

Yes, Student Health Services resume 24/7 operation in the fall. Services are available by telehealth or in-person appointments. Students who need medical care should call 724.738.2052 to speak with a nurse or to make an appointment.

Students who are feeling ill will be screened and evaluated for a need of COVID testing. The nurse/provider will discuss symptoms and provide guidance for medical care per current CDC recommendations.

  • Fever without suspected etiology.
  • Cough.
  • Shortness of breath.
  • Sore throat.
  • Known exposure to someone with presumptive/confirmed COVID-19.
  • Any GI symptoms.
  • Loss of senses of taste or smell.

For additional information, visit this page.

What should I do if I have to self-quarantine or self-isolate?

For questions regarding self-quarantine and self-isolation, contact Student Health Services at 724.738.2052.

I am living off campus with other students. What questions should I consider asking my roommate(s) regarding COVID-19?


  • Have you previously been diagnosed with COVID-19?
  • Do you have a higher risk for severe illness if exposed to the virus?
  • What precautions do you take to stop the spread? (i.e., wearing a mask, hand washing, cleaning groceries, etc.)
  • How do you practice social distancing?


  • Will you be working during the semester?
  • Do you plan to visit or stay with family, friends or romantic partners during the semester?
  • Do you have plans to travel this year?
  • Do you plan to frequently visit restaurants, bars or other public establishments?


  • How will we clean shared surfaces and spaces?
  • Are you comfortable with having guests over and what is our guest action plan?
  • If asked, are you willing to isolate for your roommates’ needs?
  • If a roommate has symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19, what is our plan?
How will student health services be offered?

Student Health Service visits will occur via telehealth or by appointment only. Students should make appointments by calling 724.738.2052. During a scheduled visit, students will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms. Care will be provided following CDC and Pennsylvania Department of Health guidelines.

  • Students with COVID-19 symptoms will be referred for testing following guidance provided by the CDC and Pennsylvania Department of Health.
  • SHS will report data related to quarantined and isolated students to the University’s director of emergency management.
  • SHS will follow the established University quarantine and isolation guidelines.
  • Well-visits will occur in person after a COVID-19 screening and/or RN telehealth visit.
  • Mental health visits will occur via telehealth or in person following well-visit guidelines.
How will the Student Counseling Center be offering services?

The Student Counseling Center will be providing individual and group counseling and clinical consultations in-person and via telehealth for the fall 2021 semester. To make an appointment, students can call 724.738.2034 or email beginning Aug. 16. The SCC will also continue to provide in-person and virtual resources and programing throughout the semester that can be accessed via the University website, by contacting our office, or from CORE.

What can Student Support do to help me during this time?

Student Support will still offer meetings using either a virtual meeting platform or by phone. The process will be the same as it has been in the past:

  • Faculty, staff or students can make a referral to the Care Network via the CARE Report webpage.
  • A member of our Care Network will reach out to the student to offer a meeting. Communication will happen via SRU email.
  • During the meeting, discussions will include talk about concerns, setting goals and looking at resources that make the most sense to students.
  • Optional follow-up meetings will occur as needed.
I received an email from Student Support regarding a submitted CARE report. Should I still respond even though I am away from campus?

Yes. CARE reports can still be submitted by parents, professors, friends, staff or advisers. This is a challenging time with constant change and we will continue to support you wherever you are.

What support is available from the Women's and Pride centers?

One-on-one sessions with the assistant director concerning issues of sexual health; sexuality and identity/coming out issues; social isolation; peer pressure, etc. are available via email at

I identify as transgender and am looking for support. What resources are available?

The LGBTIQA+ Support Group, sponsored by the Pride and Counseling centers, meets biweekly throughout summer 2021 at 4:30 p.m., Wednesdays via Zoom. Beginning Aug. 25, the meeting will be conducted weekly. Email Lyosha Gorshkov at for more information.

Success Coaches
How can I contact or meet with my success coach remotely?

Email your success coach or schedule an appointment using the success coaches’ booking links. Meetings are offered via Zoom.

I do not have an assigned success coach, but I would like to talk with one. How can I do this?

Email with your question/concern or use the success coaches’ booking links to schedule directly.

Administrative Procedures FAQ
Academic Records, Registration, and Conduct
How do I use MyRockAudit?

MyRockAudit is found in the MySRU portal under the Registration or Academics tab. Students should review these two video guides by clicking here and here. Students should also view this helpful video for a tutorial on how to look ahead and run “what if” scenarios on MyRockAudit.

How do I obtain a course override to register for a class?

If you would like to register for a course in which you need a permit or override, you must contact the instructor to see if they will allow you to register for this course with a permit/override. If the instructor issues you a permit/override for the course, you must then access your course registration and register yourself for the course.

Students may also complete a Drop/Add form. The Drop/Add form must be signed by the professor and the appropriate restriction overrides must be checked before a permit can be issued. Drop/Add forms may be brought to the secretary of the department in which the class you wish to add is being offered; to the Academic Advisement Center, Rooms 201-203, University Union; or the Office of Academic Records & Registration, Room 107, Old Main.

I’m confused about Rock Studies and Liberal Studies. Where can I get clarification?
  • Rock Studies:
    • All first-year students or freshmen, who matriculate to University in summer and fall 2019 terms and after will enter under Rock Studies. This includes students who may be entering the University for the first time with a few college-level credits.
    • All students who are undergraduate readmissions will enter under Rock Studies beginning fall 2019. According to readmission procedure, "Readmitted students are responsible for meeting all academic requirements in effect at the time they are readmitted, not at the time they were originally admitted to the University."
    • All transfer students who enter the University in the 2021 summer and fall terms and after will enter under Rock Studies.
  • Liberal Studies:
    • Students who entered the University before or in the Spring 2019 semester will follow the Liberal Studies program requirements. Learn more here.
What if I need an enrollment verification or transcript?

All enrollment/attendance verification information is available on this page.

All transcript related information is available on this page.

Cleaning and Disinfection
What measures has SRU put in place to ensure the health and safety of everyone on campus?

SRU has developed and implemented a plan in accordance with measures establish by the commonwealth based on guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Mitigation strategies include installation of physical barriers, posting of signage and placement of floor markings to assist the campus community in achieving appropriate social distance of at least 6 feet.

Every member of the SRU community shares responsibility for cleanliness in their own work area and when using shared resources (i.e., meeting rooms, desks, work stations, commonly touched surfaces, etc.). To assist with the shared responsibility, disinfection supplies will be provided in these areas so occupants can do their part to prevent surface transmission of pathogens.

Additional electrostatic sprayers have been purchased and are used for disinfecting.

Building HVAC systems have been scheduled to start running earlier and later each day to ensure the buildings air changes per hour, known as ACH, meet or exceed the recommended guidance from the CDC and the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers.

Outdoor airflow into campus buildings has been increased to accommodate greater ACH.

Ionization units are being installed in classrooms, laboratories, dining halls, the Smith Student Center, the ARC and Bailey Library.

All students, employees and visitors to campus are required to wear masks or other appropriate face coverings.

Face Masks and Facial Coverings
What is the status of wearing face masks on campus?

On June 28 the governor’s face mask order was lifted. At that time, SRU also lifted its masking policy except in designated spaces, including the Student Health Center, Mass Testing Center and Student Counseling Center. What this means is that all persons – whether fully vaccinated or not – will no longer be required to wear a face mask either inside or outside of any University buildings.

As face masks have been proven to reduce the spread of the COVID-19 virus, many people may wish to continue to wear them even if they are fully vaccinated. SRU encourages anyone who wishes to continue to wear a face mask to do so.

Are masks required on the Happy Bus?


Financial Support
Are there steps that the University is taking to provide financial relief for students given the continuing impacts of the pandemic?

Yes. There are several ways that we are providing specific financial support for our students this semester.

  • For the second year in a row, SRU and its students will experience a tuition freeze. This means that for three years in a row, students will pay the same amount for tuition and can hopefully benefit from that direct economic advantage.
  • SRU is awaiting the receipt of over $9.9 million from the American Rescue Plan Act that will go directly to students for pandemic relief and financial support. More information will be shared once the funds have been received and a plan for expenditure is created.
  • Student Accounts continues to offer a wide range of payment plans and will work with students, who have extenuating circumstances related to COVID-19, to review payment options and offer additional flexibility.

On-Campus Activities
How are athletic events being affected?

Intercollegiate athletic competitions will be held this fall with mitigation protocols in line with NCAA guidance. Spectators will be permitted for athletic competitions following the University and NCAA guidance.

What is the status of campus events?

Campus events will occur in both virtual and in-person formats. More information for all events, both virtual and in-person, can be found on CORE.

To plan an in-person gathering, event hosts must follow the SRU Guidelines for In-Person Events and Gatherings during COVID-19.

What is considered a campus event?

Campus events include, but are not limited to, on-campus or off-campus meetings, performances, celebrations, carnivals, rallies, demonstrations, social gatherings, lectures, forums, speaker presentations and conferences.

Will the Happy Bus be running?

Slippery Rock Student Government Association Happy Bus is not in service during the summer. Please visit the SRSGA website for up-to-date changes and announcements.

Will I be required to participate in COVID testing?

Yes. Residential students living on campus are required to participate in COVID testing at Move-in and one week after. Students should log into the housing portal at to review the housing agreement as it relates to COVID mitigation, testing and quarantine protocols.

Testing (COVID)
Is testing mandatory?

Testing is mandatory for all residential students and student athletes. For all other students, testing is strongly encouraged, but not required.

Is there a charge for COVID-19 testing?

There is no charge for testing.

What type of testing is SRU using?

SRU is utilizing a polymerase chain reaction saliva test, also known as a PCR test, for the general student population. Student-athletes will receive a lower nasal swab test in accordance with NCAA guidelines. Both test for active infection but will not show if a student has previously been infected with COVID-19

How should I prepare for the saliva test?
  • DO NOT have anything to eat, drink or chew for one hour prior to testing.
  • DO NOT brush teeth, chew gum, take any medications, smoke, chew tobacco, or vape for one hour prior to testing.
  • If you have a smartphone or tablet, please bring your device to your appointment to assist in the check-in process. You will show the QR code you received earlier to the registration staff.
  • Make certain your hands are empty when the test is administered.
How do I know when I am supposed to schedule a test?

You will receive an email with the details of your testing schedule. Most students will be placed in a schedule in which they will be tested every other week.

How do I schedule a COVID-19 test at the Mass Testing Center?
  • Login to the Student Health Portal using your SRU login.
  • Choose “Schedule a COVID-19 Test” and follow the steps.
  • After you have finished scheduling your test you will receive an email with a QR code.
  • Open the email with your unique QR Code, print this code or save to your phone or tablet.
  • Bring your unique QR Code with you to the testing site at the time of your appointment.
  • Do not arrive more than five minutes before your appointment time.
What if I miss my scheduled testing appointment?

Please reschedule your test within the next 24-48 hours. Then resume your assigned testing schedule.

What if I miss class because of my scheduled testing appointment?

Please do NOT schedule your test during class time.

How will I receive my test results?

Students will receive an email at the address they used to schedule their test when results are available. If you receive a positive result, a Student Health Center nurse will also contact you. It is very important that your contact information is correct when registering for your tests. You can also check your results in the Student Health Portal using your SRU credentials.

How long does it take to receive my test results?

Test results will typically be available in 24-72 hours.

What happens if I receive a positive test result?

If you receive a positive result, a Student Health Center nurse will contact you with instructions on how to immediately begin the isolation process.

My test results came back “invalid” or inconclusive. What does that mean?

Invalid results typically occur when non-optimal saliva samples are submitted. Before your next test, please be sure to refrain from eating, drinking, toothbrushing, chewing tobacco, smoking, vaping or use mouthwash for at least one hour prior to submitting your saliva sample.

How can I print a copy of my COVID-19 test results?

Go to the Student Health Portal. Click the “Labs” tab in the menu and select your test result to print a copy.

I’ve been vaccinated for COVID-19. Do I still need to test?

Students who have been fully vaccinated do not need to participate in screening testing. Please upload your COVID vaccine information to the Student Health Portal and call the Mass Testing Center to remove your name from the testing schedule.

What if I have previously contracted COVID-19 and recovered?

If you tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 90 days, DO NOT SCHEDULE a COVID-19 screening test, contact the Mass Testing Center at 724.738.2003 for further instructions.

Who do I contact if I have other questions?

Contact SRU’s Mass Testing Center at 724.738.2003 or

Question about COVID-19?

Fill out the following form if you seek additional information about how SRU is responding to COVID-19.