Government Contracting Assistance Center, PTAC
The Government Contracting Assistance Center (GCAC) is a Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC) operated by Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania. GCAC provides assistance to businesses interested in pursuing federal, state and local government contracts and subcontracts.
GCAC was established in 1989 as a collaborative effort between Slippery Rock University of PA and California University of PA's Government Agency Coordination Office (GACO). For 30 years, the GACO/GCAC program has been working cooperatively to provide government contracting assistance to companies in the region.
GCAC services to the region's business community include:
- One-on-one counseling on government procurement policies
- Identifying codes for federal government contracting
- Notifying companies of bid opportunities
- Assisting with government registrations
- Advising on subcontracting opportunities and contracts
- Providing local opportunities through the Bid Opportunity Board
- Advising on bid preparation
- Conducting seminars and webinars on government contracting
- Hosting procurement fairs for face-to-face marketing
DLA Procurement Technical Assistance Program (PTAP)
This Procurement Technical Assistance Center is funded in part through a cooperative agreement with the Defense Logistics Agency (DLA). Click here for additional information on the DLA PTAP program.
Please give the Defense Logistics Agency your feedback on our GACO/GCAC PTAC’s performance at https://www.dla.mil/SmallBusiness/PTAPFeedback
Also funded through a grant by the Allegheny Foundation.