SRU Communication and Public Affairs Office wins 18 national Educational Advertising awards
SLIPPERY ROCK, Pa. - Slippery Rock University's Office of University Communication and Public Affairs staff have won 18 national Educational Advertising Awards for communication projects, including posters, magazine ads and videos promoting a variety of campus events.
A quartet of Gold Awards were earned, including:
- Newspaper ad (single), "Human Resources," created by Sandra Busch, graphic communication director for the Office of University Communication and Public Affairs;
- Social media campaign, "2016 Football Recruiting Day," created by Jon Holtz, director of athletic communication;
- Poster, "Earth Day 2016," created by Chenoa Gregory, a senior art major and student designer from Freeport; and
- Special promotions, "2016 SRU Performing Arts Series package," created by Gregory
Gregory also brought home a Silver Award for her total special event package for the "2016 President's Scholarship Gala."
Another trio of Silver Awards were awarded to Aaron Moore, digital design director, for his Military Appreciation Night logo (logo); Darcy White, director of web communication and development, for the "Mascot Madness: Rocky's Campaign" social media campaign; and Holtz for Rock Football game day program covers (athletic marketing program).
Busch earned a Bronze Award for the winter edition of The ROCK magazine; and one in partnership with Tyler Sing, a senior art major and student designer from Pittsburgh, for the "History of ..." poster series. White also collected a Bronze Award for SRU's official website, www.sru.edu.
Additionally, seven merit awards were earned, including:
- Special event, "2016 SRU Homecoming package," created by Gregory;
- Internal publication, "Desserts & Dogs" invitation, created by Gregory;
- Logo, "2016 SRU Performing Arts Series," created by Gregory;
- Other, "Game On," a digital billboard used on the University's official website, created by Holtz;
- Special event, "Rock Field Hockey Game Day Program: Breast Cancer Awareness," created by Holtz;
- Special event, "Sunset Serenade package," created by Jamie Mulac, a senior art major and student designer from Indiana; and
- Special event, "Mihalik Retirement Celebration and Scholarship Kickoff Event," created by Sing
"It's an incredible honor to win 18 national awards in this distinguished competition," said Rita Abent, executive director for communication and public affairs. "Our staff is phenomenal and it's great to see them recognized for the work they are doing."
Higher Education Marketing Report sponsors the Education Advertising Awards. This year, more than 2,250 entries were received from more than 1,000 colleges, universities and secondary schools from all 50 states and several foreign countries.
Judges for the Educational Advertising Awards consisted of a national panel of higher education marketers, advertising creative directors, marketing and advertising professionals and the editorial board of Higher Education Marketing Report.
These latest accolades bring the number of awards won by SRU University Communication and Public Affairs staff this year to 38, including those previously announced by CUPRAP and the Collegiate Advertising Awards.
MEDIA CONTACT: Robb King | 724.738.2199 | email@example.com