Academic Services Office
The Academic Services Department at Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania is dedicated to assisting students in their success. The department is responsible for coordinating Academic Advising and the FYRST Seminar course, to ensure each student has ROCK Solid Support. The goal is to provide resources and advisement services that will assist students through their decision-making process by developing educational plans to meet their future career goals.
Services provided by the department faculty advisors will help students identify their interest, decide on a major, and understand university policies/procedures. Advisors also assist students during registration by helping them understand SRU'S Liberal Studies Program requirements and interpret My Rock Audit. Students who have interrupted their attendance at SRU for any reason may resume studies at Slippery Rock University by applying for readmission with the Academic Services Department.
In addition, to assist students in their academic success, the department also provides other resources designed to help build a monumental future. Students can acquire a tutor to address academic issues, at no out of pocket cost.
The Academic Services Department is an academic center that excels at providing opportunities across the university community to develop students into educated leaders who embrace global and cultural understanding.
- People affect their own future.
- Every person has something unique to contribute to society.
- Attitudes and expectations affect performance and can be changed.
- Change is inevitable ... adaptation to change is essential.
- Each individual needs positive support to succeed.
The department is a faculty unit that:
- Develops and facilitates the academic success of students,
- Provides expertise to faculty and the university community regarding student academic success and persistence, and
- Fosters global and diverse perspectives by collaborating with the university community through targeted activities and programs.