Student Trustee Selection Process
Slippery Rock University is seeking candidates for the role of student trustee. The student trustee is appointed by the Governor following an interview process at the University level and approved through the Chancellor's Office.
Candidates must be:
- A full-time undergraduate student in good academic standing at the sophomore or above level;
- Enrolled for at least 12 semester hours at the institution which he/she is a trustee;
The student trustee understands the role is an honor, a privilege and a significant responsibility, and
- Is in partnership and in support of the University President and the Administration;
- Is engaged in the SRU community and brings an understanding and knowledge about the student body;
- Is curious to listen, to learn, to think critically and objectively, and to ask questions.
To learn more about the student trustee selection process, you may attend one of the following information sessions:
- Tuesday, Oct. 3, 2017 @ 12:30 p.m., Commuter Lounge, Smith Student Center
- Friday, Oct. 6, 2017 @ 11:30 a.m., Commuter Lounge, Smith Student Center
Interested candidates for the position of student trustee must submit a completed application with three letters of recommendation by November 6, 2017 @ 4:30 p.m., to 300 Old Main, Chief of Staff, President's Office. For additional information regarding the role of the student trustee, click here.
"The role of a student trustee is one that is full of much responsibility, yet with that responsibility came many rewards. While I was responsible to attend meetings, I was rewarded by working with individuals who held Slippery Rock University in the highest esteem. With them we were able to achieve accolades and progress towards making our beloved university better than ever. While I had to take time to visit other organizations and groups on campus, I was rewarded by advocating for those who needed a voice the most. All of which lead me to see perspectives that were new and enlightening to me, helping me to see the full picture of Slippery Rock University. And while I had to take many phone calls and frequently check my email, I was rewarded by gaining professional experience that will follow me for the rest of my life. As a result of these few reasons, having the opportunity to serve as a trustee was a truly positive experience, one that I would never trade for the world."
SRU Student Trustee
Chair, Student Trustee Selection Committee