Art PhotographyOffered by: Art
Photographic skills, techniques and concepts will be expanded, honed, and potentially utilized with other media as students pursue individual artistic directions and develop cohesive portfolios suitable for public presentation. Students who obtain a Certificate in Photography gain an appreciation and understanding of the various branches of photography and its applications to one's self and environment.
Why Choose Photography Certificate?
Students pursuing a Certificate in Photography will have the opportunity to explore a wide range of analog and digital approaches to photography. Photographic concepts and techniques are pursued in well-equipped facilities, allowing students to build professional quality portfolios. Various branches of photography are investigated (such as portrait, landscape, product, fashion, documentary), with an emphasis on fine art outcomes. Photo courses also contribute to the development of students who seek to incorporate photography into traditional artistic approaches or new, more experimental forms of art.
What Will You Learn?
Students will learn to:
- display knowledge of various photographic methods of creating artwork.
- produce artwork that employs specific photographic techniques in the communication of ideas.
- develop strategies for research into techniques and approaches to photography, and demonstrate the ability to synthesize this research into various creative works of art.
- complete a range of artworks specific to photography and/or photographic techniques.
- build and strengthen a portfolio of artworks that demonstrates an understanding of how to effectively visualize concepts.
- Portrait photography
- Wedding photography
- Wildlife photography
- Scientific & Medical photography
- Fine art