Minor in Adventure FitnessOffered by: Physical and Health Education
Get started on a lifetime of fitness through a variety of exciting outdoor adventure activities. As an Adventure Fitness minor, many of your courses are taught in real-world setting and are designed to enhance your knowledge of adventure activities and to encourage your developmental skills.
Why Choose Adventure Fitness?
The minor in Adventure Fitness empowers you to apply your passion for outdoor activities to the expanding field of adventure-based personal lifetime fitness.
Activity-specific learning and skill development in hands-on settings means you'll be prepared to lead a healthy outdoor active lifestyle and inspire others to do the same.
What Will You Learn?
The minor in Adventure Fitness is an 18-credit program with four core courses that will prepare you to lead, teach, and manage adventure activities. You'll develop your skills and activity-specific knowledge by selecting six additional credits from a variety of adventure activities: from stand-up paddle boarding, cross-country skiing, kayaking, rock climbing, and more.
Through this minor, you will develop skills in:
- Leading, teaching, and administering activities within the expanding field of adventure based fitness
- Acquiring activity-based technical ability
- Facilitating innovative approaches to adventure activities
- Managing Safety and risk
- Approaching Minimal impact environmental approaches
- Planning trips and mastering group dynamics
Careers In Adventure Fitness
Students with a minor in Adventure Fitness go on to work in many areas:
- Active retirement community programs
- Adventure equipment sales and management
- Adventure-based camps
- Corporate team building programs
- Municipal, county, and state parks
- Outdoor and adventure based fitness entrepreneurship
- Professional adventure activity outfitters
- Ski industry professionals
- Travel and tourism adventure programming
- YMCA camps and adventure programs