English (Master of Arts)Offered by: English
The online Master of Arts in English prepares students for writing in fields such as business, education, government, law, nonprofit administration, translation, and technical writing. The curriculum is designed to take students' writing to the next level.
The Master of Arts Degree in English is a 15-month program in contemporary literate practices designed to encompass reading and writing generated through the use of both traditional and new media. The curriculum features extensive research and practical applications. Students may specialize in the study of writing in any discipline or profession. Students will complete nine required courses, including a capstone experience of six credits within their area of interest.
SRU's Master of Arts degree in English offers:
- 100% Online Courses
- A 30-credit curriculum that can be completed in 15 months
- Experience in digital writing and contemporary publishing practices
- High-impact classroom practices resulting in collaborative work and field experiences
- A foundational curriculum for those who write professionally, mentor employees who write, or teach writing in any discipline
All faculty have doctoral degrees and are committed to teaching excellence.
- Online Application
- Application Fee
- A brief essay explaining the applicant's career interests and personal goals (2 to 3 pages, double spaced)
- Two letters of recommendation from undergraduate faculty
- Official Transcripts- Undergraduate/Graduate (Official transcripts must be sent by institution via electronic transcript e-share to email@example.com or via mail- faxed copies will not be considered official)
- Undergraduate transcripts with a minimum GPA of a 2.75
GRE not required
*Applicants may submit supplemental application materials as a PDF or JPEG file via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), fax (724.738.2146), or mail.
Kayla Hersperger is the Online Design and Communication Specialist at Slippery Rock University. Her primary responsibilities include following: administration of institutional marketing, management of website content, direction of social media strategy, and production of promotional recruitment videos. She thrives on problem-solving and content creation. Kayla's job requires balancing technological prowess, digital writing skills, and design expertise within a collaborative and data-driven environment.
She is an alumna of SRU, having received her BA and MA (English Literature) in 2009 and 2011, respectively. She attributes her communication skills to the education she received in both her graduate and undergraduate work. The SRU English faculty laid the groundwork for her successful career in higher education. She presents nationally and is known as an expert of social media in recruitment and marketing.